Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The point I was making is that his misbehaviour was well known as far back as 2007, all parties were aware yet to be truthful nothing was done  until he approached the SNP for assistance in mediation with the women prior to a court case, the SG refused and that is the crux of the matter, AS saw that as a snub and an attempt to discredit him, when in fact his behaviour was common knowledge and it may have been judged that he should at last face the music. 

If you are so confident of his guilt, please, on a public forum tell us what you know and how you will back it up. Give names of people who knew. 

Otherwise, you are just continuing to amplify a rumour that you heard from someone that knows someone that heard about it from someone else. This is not fact and helps no one. 

20 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Interesting.....apart from a desire to continue painting Salmond as a pest.....is there any evidence of substance to suggest misbehaviour that was "well known as far back as 2007."

Apologies, The Edinburgh Airport lounge incident was in 2009.

As far as describing him as a pest it's worth reading AS's defence lawyer Gordon Jackson's various descriptions of his client during the trial.

And also in the trial AS told jurors he climbed into bed and had a "sleepy cuddle" with a female civil servant to which he later apologised.

I am not trying to smear the man, he is a brilliant orator and did wonders for the SNP, what I am saying is that because of his actions while in office the SG may well have decided to wash their hands of him and that left him, in his mind, sold down the river and the result of that is this debacle.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Apologies, The Edinburgh Airport lounge incident was in 2009.

As far as describing him as a pest it's worth reading AS's defence lawyer Gordon Jackson's various descriptions of his client during the trial.

And also in the trial AS told jurors he climbed into bed and had a "sleepy cuddle" with a female civil servant to which he later apologised.

I am not trying to smear the man, he is a brilliant orator and did wonders for the SNP, what I am saying is that because of his actions while in office the SG may well have decided to wash their hands of him and that left him, in his mind, sold down the river and the result of that is this debacle.

The Edinburgh airport incident that you keep referring too has been thoroughly investigated (as one would expect) and absolutely no wrongdoing was found to have occurred. Unless you have evidence to the contrary obviously.

The opinion of Salmonds defence council...is just that...opinion. It is not evidence of anything.

You also missed out the consensual part in your description of a "sleepy cuddle" as you put it. The consensual part is pretty important, I would suggest.

Continuing to post rumour and innuendo about an innocent man in an attempt to keep the narrative running that he is some kind of pest, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, is pretty poor.

Pretty much just your interpretation of what he said to suit your opinion
He said he was no angel and that he broke no laws, if he was a sex pest, that sounds illegal so he didn't pretty much admit it. 
Again, just the facts 
I quoted phrases from the trial ffs touchy feely, sleepy cuddles and a buttons undone dalliance. If that's not a sex pest in your eyes I dread to think what is.

Another aspect of yesterday’s proceedings which struck me was just how poor the 3 SNP representatives were.
The woman and the highland man were just  appalling.
Cant stand the Greens but their  chap seemed reasonable.
Baillie and Fraser were easily the best.
Im sure the SNP must have some better MSP’s but it looked as if they were just parroting out prepared scripts yesterday.
Cole Hamilton made the SNP reps look like Rumpole of the Baillie.

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:
He said he was no angel and that he broke no laws, if he was a sex pest, that sounds illegal so he didn't pretty much admit it. 
Again, just the facts 

I quoted phrases from the trial ffs touchy feely, sleepy cuddles and a buttons undone dalliance. If that's not a sex pest in your eyes I dread to think what is.

It’s been explained a few times what is wrong with what you said and the way you said it.

stop trying to justify it by trying to question my morals 

Me, an utter moron: I dunno, maybe the admissions of inappropriate and apology worthy behaviour, the candid description by his own QC and the string of complaints made against him since at least 2009 (which wasn't even made public until fairly recently, a seemingly odd choice for a false smear accusation) would suggest that while not meeting the threshold of illegality this person's conduct is far from ideal, especially for the leader of political party and movement. Perhaps applying the standards of proof required in a criminal case to a matter of public opinion is a bad look and  unsustainable if you wish to be taken seriously. 

You, absolute brain genius, glengarried out your nut: Have you heard of SlAnDeR before? If something is not illegal it is absolutely fine.

52 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:
Again, just the facts 

Lots of this boils down to how society has changed over the past few years (not entirely for the better in my opinion), taking my own work as an example, we have to complete our "statutory training" at least once a quarter where it's drummed in to us that "commenting on someones appearance" etc is a definite NO, NO as it can make the individual feel "uncomfortable".

An example that is often given is "Your workmate Alison has recently been to the Hairdressers and appears in with her new hair do", "should you comment to her that her "hair is nice" or "I see you've been to the Hairdressers", the answer is "NO, this would be inappropriate behaviour which could have sexual connotations and could make your colleague feel uncomfortable".

Now, people of my generation just see this "inappropriate behaviour" as normal and would call it "flirting", "chatting up" etc and the girls / women I work with agree with this, however it's worth pointing out that we are all over 40, it's also worth pointing out that we believe these things to be utterly ridiculous !!

As for the younger ones, I never see any interaction or what I would deem as "flirting" and they all seem very careful / almost robotic when in conversation.

Now, I appreciate there's a difference between telling someone their hair is nice, to physically touching them up, however it is very difficult for some to "move with the times" as it's completely alien to them and seems crazy. But I'd also say that HR's "Black and White" version of the world is far far different to how the majority of human beings interact with each other in the real world and I'm sure many over 40's in particular could easily find themselves falling foul of today's highs standards and perception of "snowflake" culture....

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Lots of this boils down to how society has changed over the past few years (not entirely for the better in my opinion), taking my own work as an example, we have to complete our "statutory training" at least once a quarter where it's drummed in to us that "commenting on someones appearance" etc is a definite NO, NO as it can make the individual feel "uncomfortable".

An example that is often given is "Your workmate Alison has recently been to the Hairdressers and appears in with her new hair do", "should you comment to her that her "hair is nice" or "I see you've been to the Hairdressers", the answer is "NO, this would be inappropriate behaviour which could have sexual connotations and could make your colleague feel uncomfortable".

Now, people of my generation just see this "inappropriate behaviour" as normal and would call it "flirting", "chatting up" etc and the girls / women I work with agree with this, however it's worth pointing out that we are all over 40, it's also worth pointing out that we believe these things to be utterly ridiculous !!

As for the younger ones, I never see any interaction or what I would deem as "flirting" and they all seem very careful / almost robotic when in conversation.

Now, I appreciate there's a difference between telling someone their hair is nice, to physically touching them up, however it is very difficult for some to "move with the times" as it's completely alien to them and seems crazy. But I'd also say that HR's "Black and White" version of the world is far far different to how the majority of human beings interact with each other in the real world and I'm sure many over 40's in particular could easily find themselves falling foul of today's highs standards and perception of "snowflake" culture....

Before any perceived offence is taken or offered it's worth mentioning that this is inane, smarmy, small talk that usually goes on between the office cùnts.

I say that as one of the older generation.

3 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

The Edinburgh airport incident that you keep referring too has been thoroughly investigated (as one would expect) and absolutely no wrongdoing was found to have occurred. Unless you have evidence to the contrary obviously.

The opinion of Salmonds defence council...is just that...opinion. It is not evidence of anything.

You also missed out the consensual part in your description of a "sleepy cuddle" as you put it. The consensual part is pretty important, I would suggest.

Continuing to post rumour and innuendo about an innocent man in an attempt to keep the narrative running that he is some kind of pest, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, is pretty poor.

Take a look at how Gordon Jackson described Alex Salmond in that infamous video taken on the train, mind you as you say it's just one man's opinion of his client.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm just feeling sorry for Alison. Nice new (expensive) hairdo and no c**t notices.

4 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Check my latest post in the Nicola Sturgeon thread and you'll see that an opinion can be used as evidence under Defamation in Scots Law.

Having said that it may be that a Defense Lawyers opinion during a trial would not be considered evidence, I don't know.

11 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Before you were married.  Was it ok for a sleepy cuddle. 

First of all I have never been in a privileged position and represented my country while staying rent free in a government building.

My career is travelling worldwide.

And as a single man the golden rule is never ever fall asleep with a hooker, otherwise you wake up in a empty cabin/hotel room with all yer goodies and money gone.

Edited by SandyCromarty

42 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm just feeling sorry for Alison. Nice new (expensive) hairdo and no c**t notices.

I don't. She'd be straight on mumsnet to start an eventual 30 page thread looking for sympathy. Which would no doubt be right next door to the 'my creepy boss commented on my hair, should I report him to the police' thread started by one of the other lunatics.