Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is what I'm saying, they're all at it here. Salmond with his narcisstic denial, sturgeon orchestrating a witch hunt to gain a political advantage and several other members joining in. All friends and colleagues. They're ruined.

That’s not what I am saying

36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not directly but he's ruined his image, the first ministers and half the snp. This is a major problem for them but will get away with it because there's nobody else. 

The general public won't see it how hes calling it. They will see it for what it is, a bunch of self serving egomaniacs who are shooting themselves in the foot. There's going to be dirt on them all here.

The "general public" will neither know nor care about what's going on, especially if Britains got talent, Strictly or z list celebrities dancing around in clowns costumes are on the TV.

That's the sad fact I'm afraid.

As for the rest of us who actually take an active interest in politics, you've got your sides and your dividing lines and nothing that's said, reported, or even alleged will change the political allegiance of most and in fact many (such as myself) have only become more entrenched in their view that an independent Scotland must be delivered at any cost.

54 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not directly but he's ruined his image, the first ministers and half the snp. This is a major problem for them but will get away with it because there's nobody else. 

The general public won't see it how hes calling it. They will see it for what it is, a bunch of self serving egomaniacs who are shooting themselves in the foot. There's going to be dirt on them all here.

You can apply this descriptive to all/most political parties.  For the medal men/women in this category though, look no further than the arsehole Westminster incumbents.  Let's not dismiss Scotland's potential and future based on the current debacle being played out at Holyrood.

Just an opinion.

Cheers

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is what I'm saying, they're all at it here. Salmond with his narcisstic denial, sturgeon orchestrating a witch hunt to gain a political advantage and several other members joining in. All friends and colleagues. They're ruined.

What political advantage is Sturgeon supposed to gain by "orchestrating a witch hunt" against a guy relegated to hawking his pearly on RT?

32 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sarah Smith already backtracking on her ridiculous report.

https://twitter.com/BBCsarahsm...tatus/1365399553634144258?s=20

That tweet appears to have been deleted. 

I would take it that today hasn't been the decisive, bombshell, end of the SNP (up the union, NO SURRENDER!) day she hoped for. That's nae luck.

Since when did Salmond become a paragon of virtue in unionist circles? When "my enemies enemy is my friend" is all you've got left, the ball is well and truly burst. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

So you believe that Sturgeon "orchestrated a witch hunt".....even Alex Salmond made it clear that this was not the case.....so what do you know that he doesn't to arrive at that conclusion?

Just now, git-intae-thum said:

Whatever the truth is in this whole sorry affair, there is no doubt today showed that Alex Salmond is still one of the sharpest political minds on these islands. His absence from Scottish politics has been of no benefit to those seeking independence.

Maybe he shouldn't have lost his seat to a no mark Tory.

A lot of us shook our heads watching Trump's recent impeachment hearing, in particular the issue being decided by politicians dividing almost exactly along partisan lines.  And yet, have we not witnessed something similar here today, with certain members of the Inquiry Committee only too keen to try and weaponise Alex Salmond's testimony against the SG and especially the FM, whilst others were more intent on tripping him up ?  I can't help thinking there should be better ways of dealing with such serious matters. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Whatever the truth is in this whole sorry affair, there is no doubt today showed that Alex Salmond is still one of the sharpest political minds on these islands. His absence from Scottish politics has been of no benefit to those seeking independence.

He always had one of the sharpest political minds in the country. 

However, he could never have survived as a MP or MSP given his behaviour. He may have been found not guilty of criminal charges, but his defence was effectively that he was a sleazy basturd who didn't commit a crime. 

Hardly the behaviour of a distinguished politican. 

With Salmond losing his seat in Westminster, there was no way he could have returned to the Scottish Parliament without looking like a George Galloway figure. He truly was yesterdays man. 

Taking a job at RT solidified that, there was no way he would have any political clout after that. 

So the theory that Sturgeon feared him returning to challenge her doesn't make sense to me. 

With the SNP eating its self from within due to the Trans issue, there doesn't look like there is a unifying figure that could follow Sturgeon if she was to quit. Which is maybe why Salmond went easy on her. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

With Salmond losing his seat in Westminster, there was no way he could have returned to the Scottish Parliament without looking like a George Galloway figure. He truly was yesterdays man. 

Taking a job at RT solidified that, there was no way he would have any political clout after that. 

So the theory that Sturgeon feared him returning to challenge her doesn't make sense to me. 

With the SNP eating its self from within due to the Trans issue, there doesn't look like there is a unifying figure that could follow Sturgeon if she was to quit. Which is maybe why Salmond went easy on her. 

I think Salmond hates Murrell. That's the problem.