Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Questions answered by your own posts.

I don't know how to put this politely, so I won't - you are an idiot.  You are quite clearly commenting on things you know nothing about and probably best that you take a step back from making a bigger fool of yourself.  Go away and find out the roles and responsibilities of the SPCB and the COPFS and when you finally twig that they are not one and the same then come back and we can have an informed discussion.

49 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

me neither. the main thing  I have gathered from the whole issue is that a key issue appears to relate to Sturgeon having a meeting with someone re Salmond's alleged antics two days before the date she remembered. And that her husband may or may not have been in the hoose at that time eary-wigging. That Is the extent of my understanding of this "sleaze" at the heart of Government. 

Something to do with procedure and her having two hats.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I am somebody who generally follows politics quite closely, but I have absolutely zero idea what is going on between Salmond, Sturgeon and the SNP at the moment. Like, absolutely zero. I immediately zone out whenever something about it comes on the TV. Given the sort of people I see referencing it on social media, I don't think I have ever been happier about my own ignorance. 

You admission of ignorance is to be admired but comes as no surprise.

To paraphrase Charles Dickens the whole Salmond farrago is, "The ghost of Scotland to come" wherein the Government, the Party, the Civil Service and the Judiciary all work in concert at the behest of The First Couple.

It is utterly rancid.

Cock up or conspiracy is a question that is often asked.

The Colonel is claiming conspiracy. Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?

The Crown Office is run by high faluting lawyers and advocates* rather than competent administrators and is often fairly disfunctional in my experience of dealing with them. I suspect someone somewhere looked at GDPR rules and fretted that they had to redact certain parts of documents. Cock up rather than conspiracy.

*who are probably more likely to be Tories and/or Unionists or apolitical than rabid SNP supporters.

me neither. the main thing  I have gathered from the whole issue is that a key issue appears to relate to Sturgeon having a meeting with someone re Salmond's alleged antics two days before the date she remembered. And that her husband may or may not have been in the hoose at that time eary-wigging. That Is the extent of my understanding of this "sleaze" at the heart of Government. 

Exactly this. And the fact she refused to intervene when he thinks she should have.

The determination to make this a “thing” is fabulous.

Other than Yoons on Twitter, the BBC and the Tories, literally no one cares.

15 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Exactly this. And the fact she refused to intervene when he thinks she should have.

You might want to include a few heads goners on here in your list. 

Looks like it

FB_IMG_1614211696136.jpeg

1 hour ago, strichener said:

I don't know how to put this politely, so I won't - you are an idiot.  You are quite clearly commenting on things you know nothing about and probably best that you take a step back from making a bigger fool of yourself.  Go away and find out the roles and responsibilities of the SPCB and the COPFS and when you finally twig that they are not one and the same then come back and we can have an informed discussion.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Another idiot found

Your increasing levels of anger her are quite entertaining. Not quite popcorn-worthy but a decent effort nonetheless. 

You are however still a pound-shop Ad lib. 

16 hours ago, Detournement said:

When Lady's Dorrian ruled the evidence could be presented the four SNPers and Wightman still refused to allow it and referred it to the Parliamentary Management Committee to let them decide. 

That backfired so now they are pretending advice from the Crown Office carries more weight than a ruling by a judge. 

Let’s be very, very clear here. Lady Dorrian made no such ruling. She in fact strengthened the terms of the original court order, described the idea that she could interfere with the committee’s proceedings in terms of what evidence could be presented as irrelevant to her jurisdiction and rejected the Spectator’s application. Section from her judgement below:

CBFEE366-FA3D-4A72-92F7-2112497A0F51.jpeg.dcec9b17dff1d7c5413ccf5080989ed4.jpeg

If you’re a saddo who reads this type of stuff in full the link is here - https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2021hcj001.pdf?sfvrsn=0

The thing that has pissed me off most about this whole ridiculous episode is The Spectator bizarrely running around claiming some sort of victory when in absolutely no way did they win anything other than a large legal bill.

9 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

The main issue is that bit in bold - and unless NS and her husband happen to divorce, there is less than zero chance of them even considering fessing up to pillow talk so all the pish about cover ups from Murdo Fraser and Douglas Ross is utterly irrelevant.

The drivel in the media relating to the Salmond allegations not being published is just that - its all there to be read on the Spectator website unredacted and is one of the most boring things I have ever read - unless AS is going to stand up on Friday and show the committee texts from NS to her husband saying "kill the wee fat jambo p***k" then nothing is happening - except Salmond gets some time in front of the cameras.

I hear people like Jackie Baillie on the radio breathlessly telling us that "the public has lost confidence in the impartiality of the Crown" which is clearly bullshit as nobody outside the Holyrood bubble gives a shiny shite.

No surprise given the impending election that she is in step with the Tories on this - and says we need to can all the current enquiries and have have a judge led one.................dragging this shite out forever.

Boring pish - they should just put AS and NS in a mudwrestling pit and let them get on with it.

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The main issue is that bit in bold - and unless NS and her husband happen to divorce, there is less than zero chance of them even considering fessing up to pillow talk so all the pish about cover ups from Murdo Fraser and Douglas Ross is utterly irrelevant.

The drivel in the media relating to the Salmond allegations not being published is just that - its all there to be read on the Spectator website unredacted and is one of the most boring things I have ever read - unless AS is going to stand up on Friday and show the committee texts from NS to her husband saying "kill the wee fat jambo p***k" then nothing is happening - except Salmond gets some time in front of the cameras.

I hear people like Jackie Baillie on the radio breathlessly telling us that "the public has lost confidence in the impartiality of the Crown" which is clearly bullshit as nobody outside the Holyrood bubble gives a shiny shite.

No surprise given the impending election that she is in step with the Tories on this - and says we need to can all the current enquiries and have have a judge led one.................dragging this shite out forever.

Boring pish - they should just put AS and NS in a mudwrestling pit and let them get on with it.

Tbf, there are probably several flights of stairs she needed to get up to the recording booth at Pacific Quay.

Your increasing levels of anger her are quite entertaining. Not quite popcorn-worthy but a decent effort nonetheless. 
You are however still a pound-shop Ad lib. 
I've put the tedious joyless gammon on ignore.

Had enough of him this thread and his capital punishment contributions on the Brexit thread - he's just a pound shop pub bore.