Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

This afternoon, Sturgeon lied to journalists and continued the smears against Salmond in the middle of a fuckin Covid briefing...
... then the Lord Advocate stood up and lied to Parliament.
Give up.

Does that mean you’ll stop posting?

On 23/02/2021 at 10:30, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree with you, especially regarding the civil service and crown office.

Both far too close and under the influence of the SNP government.

Seems odd that the Lord Advocate is in the cabinet?

Both the AS and the Rangers affairs are shocking and the police also look decidedly dodgy.

Part of the problem is that the SNP have been in power far too long, just like Labour before them to the extent that Scotland resembles a one party state. The nationalist academic, James Mitchell Is correct when he says that the SNP needs a spell in opposition to regroup and settle policy differences.

This current affair is going to end badly and I can see the emergence of a new nationalist party.

Obviously, from a unionist point of view, some wishful thinking, but Scottish politics definitely needs a root and branch shakeup.

James Mitchell was my first year politics lecturer and very good.

That’s all I have to add.

"The Crown has no interest in interfering with or limiting the conduct of proceedings in this parliament."

"Its only interest is securing compliance with an order of the High Court with which we are all obliged to comply."

These are quotes from the Lord Advocate today.  What I would like answered was when did the Crown Office become responsible for the actions of the Scottish Parliament.  Quite clearly this intervention is unprecedented and completely un-necessary.  The paper had already been published and therefore any breach of the High Court order has already taken place.  Who exactly is going to go back to court to seek clarification on the compliance or otherwise of the order?  The COPFS?

It's a cover up featuring four SNP MSPs who do what Sturgeon and Murrell tell them and Wightman who needs SNP support for the list now he's been booted out the Greens.
It's blatantly partisan. 
This is good. Hollywood has lagged behind Westminster way too long as regards corruption, so it's heartening to see balance beginning to be restored.

5 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Aye, cos the parliament (specifically, the corporate body) doesn’t have its own lawyers and its only possible source of legal advice is the Lord Advocate...

He's the chief legal officer for Scotland, dimwit.

5 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

He is clearly implicated, btw; Salmond implicates him in the submission. Doesn’t mean he’s guilty, but he is implicated.

Pretty fucking unclear then and he says different.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56188417

Mr Wolffe has repeated his position that he has had no personal involvement in decisions involving the former first minister. He stressed the independence of senior Crown Office lawyers who are taking these decisions and even felt the need to tell MSPs he has no party political affiliations.

I am somebody who generally follows politics quite closely, but I have absolutely zero idea what is going on between Salmond, Sturgeon and the SNP at the moment. Like, absolutely zero. I immediately zone out whenever something about it comes on the TV. Given the sort of people I see referencing it on social media, I don't think I have ever been happier about my own ignorance. 

23 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I am somebody who generally follows politics quite closely, but I have absolutely zero idea what is going on between Salmond, Sturgeon and the SNP at the moment. Like, absolutely zero. I immediately zone out whenever something about it comes on the TV. Given the sort of people I see referencing it on social media, I don't think I have ever been happier about my own ignorance. 

It's a non story and the reason you've zoned out from it is that the BBC and the tory media run with it constantly and folks are sick of hearing it.

Thing is they have feck all else to hang onto so they run with it 24/7.

The only programme not running with it so far is Sunday Worship, but I'm sure that will change soon when they run with a Judas's betrayal story and get Nicola's name in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

"The Crown has no interest in interfering with or limiting the conduct of proceedings in this parliament."

"Its only interest is securing compliance with an order of the High Court with which we are all obliged to comply."

These are quotes from the Lord Advocate today.  What I would like answered was when did the Crown Office become responsible for the actions of the Scottish Parliament.  Quite clearly this intervention is unprecedented and completely un-necessary.  The paper had already been published and therefore any breach of the High Court order has already taken place.  Who exactly is going to go back to court to seek clarification on the compliance or otherwise of the order?  The COPFS?

6 hours ago, strichener said:

the SNP+Independent on the committee had already decided that it was too hot to handle and passed the decision onto the Parliament Corporate Body for guidance. 

Questions answered by your own posts.

Liam Fox leading Brexiteer and in most sane people's eyes a slimy creep had the gaul to stand up in Westminster and say the Alex Salmond scandal is in danger of infecting all of British Politics.

This from a man who had to resign for breaking Ministerial code in the past, a man who lied throughout Brexit process saying that a post Brexit free trade deal would be easiest in history.

He also is part of a UK Govt that was involved in Windrush scandal, the PPE scandal involving £Billions being given to Tory party cronies and which resulted in many members of NHS getting ill due to inadequate PPE. But that is not all we had Cabinet Minsters suggesting Grenfell tower deaths were down to the public, they also blamed Covid case numbers not on their confusing rules, but on public themselves.

https://www.indy100.com/news/conservative-party-tories-scandals-boris-johnson-david-cameron-theresa-may-brexit-9505986

Clearly they want people to forget about all that, fortunately most of us will not.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's a non story and the reason you've zoned out from it is that the BBC and the tory media run with it constantly and folks are sick of hearing it.

Thing is they have feck all else to hang onto so they run with it 24/7.

The only programme not running with it so far is Sunday Worship, but I'm sure that will change soon when they run with a Judas's betrayal story and get Nicola's name in there somewhere.

I wouldn't say that it's a 'non-story' but whatever the Holyrood committee with/without the input of Salmond think that they're going to achieve shows no sign of working. The amount of time wasted on this by the media is massively disproportionate to the actual interest of the public and they're only getting diminishing returns, what with there being a vaccination program and talk of loosening restrictions. 

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

He's the chief legal officer for Scotland, dimwit.

Pretty fucking unclear then and he says different.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56188417

Mr Wolffe has repeated his position that he has had no personal involvement in decisions involving the former first minister. He stressed the independence of senior Crown Office lawyers who are taking these decisions and even felt the need to tell MSPs he has no party political affiliations.

^^^^^^ Still hasn’t read Salmond’s submission.

So being the ‘chief legal officer in Scotland’ allows him to threaten a parliament?

He’s implicated and should be on gardening leave. 

1 hour ago, paolo2143 said:

Liam Fox leading Brexiteer and in most sane people's eyes a slimy creep had the gaul to stand up in Westminster and say the Alex Salmond scandal is in danger of infecting all of British Politics.

This from a man who had to resign for breaking Ministerial code in the past, a man who lied throughout Brexit process saying that a post Brexit free trade deal would be easiest in history.

He also is part of a UK Govt that was involved in Windrush scandal, the PPE scandal involving £Billions being given to Tory party cronies and which resulted in many members of NHS getting ill due to inadequate PPE. But that is not all we had Cabinet Minsters suggesting Grenfell tower deaths were down to the public, they also blamed Covid case numbers not on their confusing rules, but on public themselves.

https://www.indy100.com/news/conservative-party-tories-scandals-boris-johnson-david-cameron-theresa-may-brexit-9505986

Clearly they want people to forget about all that, fortunately most of us will not.

What exactly do you expect Unionist arseholes to do with weapons-grade uranium kindly provided to them by Scotland’s FM?

Build a power station?

There’s a lot more of this kind of crap to come; the longer it goes on, the worse it will get.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

me neither. the main thing  I have gathered from the whole issue is that a key issue appears to relate to Sturgeon having a meeting with someone re Salmond's alleged antics two days before the date she remembered. And that her husband may or may not have been in the hoose at that time eary-wigging. That Is the extent of my understanding of this "sleaze" at the heart of Government. 

me neither. the main thing  I have gathered from the whole issue is that a key issue appears to relate to Sturgeon having a meeting with someone re Salmond's alleged antics two days before the date she remembered. And that her husband may or may not have been in the hoose at that time eary-wigging. That Is the extent of my understanding of this "sleaze" at the heart of Government. 
And mine

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
42 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

And mine

Meanwhile the actual sleaze at the heart of the UK Government goes unmentioned.