Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

The Anne Harvey statement is very revealing. 

She is alleging that Sue Riddick fabricated a claim of a minor sexual assault involving Salmond squeezing past her in a corridor. The motivation for this was obviously to gain life long anonymity for her role in framing Salmond. This pretty much explains why so many nonsense claims were charged. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Are Yoons actually still looking for this smoking gun that actually doesn't exist ?

It's like a never ending game of Cluedo. 

'It was Peter Murrell, in the library, with the text'.

Fuxsake. Nobody gives a shit. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Are Yoons actually still looking for this smoking gun that actually doesn't exist ?

It's like a never ending game of Cluedo. 

'It was Peter Murrell, in the library, with the text'.

Fuxsake. Nobody gives a shit. 

Well they blatantly do, both Salmond and Sturgeon stories have been covered extensively by the media, they've been trending on Twitter regularly and have all generated a lot of noise. People have resigned from the SNP over this.

But aye nobody cares and it's only Unionists that are concerned... I also must have missed the fact when half the posters on here changed their mind and joined the Unionist side 😂

Well they blatantly do, both Salmond and Sturgeon stories have been covered extensively by the media, they've been trending on Twitter regularly and have all generated a lot of noise. People have resigned from the SNP over this.
But aye nobody cares and it's only Unionists that are concerned... I also must have missed the fact when half the posters on here changed their mind and joined the Unionist side [emoji23]
Voters don't really care.

The only ones who do are yer da morons and obsessed unionists.

The frothing over text messages turned to be exactly what I said it would be - a pointless exercise.

38 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Voters don't really care.

The only ones who do are yer da morons and obsessed unionists.

The frothing over text messages turned to be exactly what I said it would be - a pointless exercise.

It seems like this is wishful thinking on your part as evidenced by the traction that this has gathered, it's a main story every day of the week, just because you don't care doesn't mean you can safely speak for the majority or just presume everyone that is intrigued in the story is an "obsessed" Unionist, what is it that they're obsessed by in the first place? 

It seems to me that the grandstanding by members of the committee, most notably M Fraser, J Baillie and A C-Hamilton is increasingly counter productive. Whereas forensic probing might reveal something, the likes of the bold Murdo demanding "yes or no, answer yes or no" makes it too partisan and it all ends up he said / she said at best.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

It seems like this is wishful thinking on your part as evidenced by the traction that this has gathered, it's a main story every day of the week, just because you don't care doesn't mean you can safely speak for the majority or just presume everyone that is intrigued in the story is an "obsessed" Unionist, what is it that they're obsessed by in the first place? 

It strikes me as a story that is being pushed hard by the Scottish media, but will almost certainly drift off into nothingness in the next few weeks. I realise that Unionists are absolutely desperate to keep it current, and that's why the papers are increasingly full of nothing headlines being fed to them like 'XXXXX accused of cover up', or 'XXXXX demands that XXXXX resign'. 

I don't speak for the majority of Scottish voters any more than you do, but a rough straw poll of family and friends (obviously on social media) throws up absolutely nobody who discusses this, mentions it or I presume is in the slightest bit interested in it. Maybe your social media is different. 

I get the feeling (and it's only a feeling mind), that the vast majority of Scottish voters see it as it actually is....a vindictive man with a huge ego lashing out. If you think people are hanging on stories about 'he texted that' or 'she maybe said that then', then I would suggest you're wrong. 

As posted above, Nicola Sturgeon's popularity ratings amongst Scottish voters are still ridiculously high. That suggests to me that very few people are interested in the slightest in what's going on. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

24 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It strikes me as a story that is being pushed hard by the Scottish media, but will almost certainly drift off into nothingness in the next few weeks. I realise that Unionists are absolutely desperate to keep it current, and that's why the papers are increasingly full of nothing headlines being fed to them like 'XXXXX accused of cover up', or 'XXXXX demands that XXXXX resign'. 

I don't speak for the majority of Scottish voters any more than you do, but a rough straw poll of family and friends (obviously on social media) throws up absolutely nobody who discusses this, mentions it or I presume is in the slightest bit interested in it. Maybe your social media is different. 

I get the feeling (and it's only a feeling mind), that the vast majority of Scottish voters see it as it actually is....a vindictive man with a huge ego lashing out. If you think people are hanging on stories about 'he texted that' or 'she maybe said that then', then I would suggest you're wrong. 

As posted above, Nicola Sturgeon's popularity ratings amongst Scottish voters are still ridiculously high. That suggests to me that very few people are interested in the slightest in what's going on. 

Recent opinion poll shows Salmond more unpopular in Scotland than Johnson.  That’s a hell of an achievement.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Recent opinion poll shows Salmond more unpopular in Scotland than Johnson.  That’s a hell of an achievement.

Fucking hell.

With any luck, assuming he's aware of that poll, he will lie low, keep quiet, and let Nicola get on with the job of delivering an independent Scotland.

Guest Bob Mahelp
34 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Fucking hell.

With any luck, assuming he's aware of that poll, he will lie low, keep quiet, and let Nicola get on with the job of delivering an independent Scotland.

He won't though, and we all know he won't.

It's all about him. 

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It's almost as if the entire media did a hatchet job on him to brand him a beast. 

The State broadcaster made a documentary covering his trial and completely skipped over the two days where his defence presented the evidence that resulted in 7 not guilty verdicts. 

Job done. 

Edited by Detournement

It's almost as if the entire media did a hatchet job on him to brand him a beast. 
The State broadcaster made a documentary covering his trial and completely skipped over the two days where his defence presented the evidence that resulted in 7 not guilty verdicts. 
Job done. 
The media and unionists can't complain when they spent ages demonising him to suddenly turn him into the "victim".

I think that's one reason why this will go nowhere.