Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

I sincerely hope that's not the case.

It would be disgraceful if the SNP did that. We can and will win the next referendum without resorting to disgusting tactics such as that.

It's not going to happen. Everyone who makes a life in Scotland will get a vote again (unlike the way the UK will be running its EU referendum).

It's not going to happen. Everyone who makes a life in Scotland will get a vote again (unlike the way the UK will be running its EU referendum).

Yes that is the way it should be. If you have chosen to work and live here then you get a vote. The way the UK is going about the EU referendum is poor.

I am interested in what the next better together campaign will focus on in the lead up to the inevitable 2nd independence referendum, be it 5, 10, 15 years from now(2021 is my guess).

They can hardly tell us 'You'll get more powers and we really mean it this time'.

Yes that is the way it should be. If you have chosen to work and live here then you get a vote. The way the UK is going about the EU referendum is poor.

I am interested in what the next better together campaign will focus on in the lead up to the inevitable 2nd independence referendum, be it 5, 10, 15 years from now(2021 is my guess).

They can hardly tell us 'You'll get more powers and we really mean it this time'.

Any promise of more powers will be met with derision. This was their opportunity to deliver maximum devolution and they rejected it as simply not possible - they are claiming that the Scotland Bill is the best settlement. Offering more powers in the future will reveal their claims now and during the last campaign to have been lies.

I'm more interested in who will front a second BT campaign. Labour's Scottish big hitters have been thrown on to the scrap heap or willingly ran away in the hope of preferment in the House of Lords). The branch office is populated by absolute disasters who can barely beat the Tories (who remain stagnant).

I've long thought that "No" won partially because the majority of Scots had faith in and loyalty to Labour. The party was believed and listened to. Then (out of self interest in the belief that Scotland was a Labour stronghold) it decided to do the work of Cameron and fight for a "No" vote. In so doing, it called a large section of Scots a "virus", delighted in the opportunity to "bayonet" them and told us we were too poor, stupid and weak a nation to govern ourselves. As a result of the unforeseen aftermath, Labour have been gutted in Scotland, and the "friendly" (or rather non-Tory) face of unionism is dying with them.

Edited by Antlion

This is a disagreement I had with my sister the other week. I said that by the time the next referendum is called it will probably be time to vote Yes, whereas my wee sister says she would never vote for Scottish independence under any circumstances.

I don't really see there being much of a campaign next time. Once Sturgeon or whoever else knows they have a healthy enough lead in the polls they'll just call a referendum on a few months notice and get it out the way. No point having another 3 year long campaign to rehash the same arguments

It would be disgraceful if the SNP did that. We can and will win the next referendum without resorting to disgusting tactics such as that.

Now thats a tactic that has "Nationalism" written all over it.

Any promise of more powers will be met with derision. This was their opportunity to deliver maximum devolution and they rejected it as simply not possible - they are claiming that the Scotland Bill is the best settlement. Offering more powers in the future will reveal their claims now and during the last campaign to have been lies.

I'm more interested in who will front a second BT campaign. Labour's Scottish big hitters have been thrown on to the scrap heap or willingly ran away in the hope of preferment in the House of Lords). The branch office is populated by absolute disasters who can barely beat the Tories (who remain stagnant).

I've long thought that "No" won partially because the majority of Scots had faith in and loyalty to Labour. The party was believed and listened to. Then (out of self interest in the belief that Scotland was a Labour stronghold) it decided to do the work of Cameron and fight for a "No" vote. In so doing, it called a large section of Scots a "virus", delighted in the opportunity to "bayonet" them and told us we were too poor, stupid and weak a nation to govern ourselves. As a result of the unforeseen aftermath, Labour have been gutted in Scotland, and the "friendly" (or rather non-Tory) face of unionism is dying with them.

Blair McDougall again? He seems to think he did a grand job last time, the smug tw*t.

Yeah i agree with your final paragraph but would add the yes campaign left themselves open to attack with the currency union/plan b carry on. I would like to see a stronger economic case put forward and less Tommy Sheridan in any future campaigns.

As an aside, I believe that Labour are completely finished now in Scotland(as a major force anyway).

You got it correct obviously redrob doesn't do sarcasm then somehow linked it to being anti english

This is a disagreement I had with my sister the other week. I said that by the time the next referendum is called it will probably be time to vote Yes, whereas my wee sister says she would never vote for Scottish independence under any circumstances.

I don't really see there being much of a campaign next time. Once Sturgeon or whoever else knows they have a healthy enough lead in the polls they'll just call a referendum on a few months notice and get it out the way. No point having another 3 year long campaign to rehash the same arguments

Your little sister is a fanny.

Pie.

Boot.

• 5 years later...