Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

Guest Bob Mahelp
39 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

This is just wrong. But heh.....if you repeat a lie often enough...and all that.

How is it wrong ?

He admitted himself that his behaviour was hardly beyond reproach. The civil service had to act to make sure that female members of staff would not work alone with him.

Fuxsake. He's a fucking sleazeball.

A brilliant political mind that deserves thanks for getting the independence to the point that it reached. But that's it. There's no way back for him in politics. 

Westminster to the rescue?
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/assurances-sought-that-westminster-can-act-over-conduct-of-scottish-government-40127936.html
Of course we are all fully aware just what little paragons of virtue exist in that establishment.

Personally, I’d like to thank him for making sure that the independence vote is a little more emphatic.....

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

How is it wrong ?

He admitted himself that his behaviour was hardly beyond reproach. The civil service had to act to make sure that female members of staff would not work alone with him.

Fuxsake. He's a fucking sleazeball.

A brilliant political mind that deserves thanks for getting the independence to the point that it reached. But that's it. There's no way back for him in politics. 

He said he was no angel, not that he was raging sex pest

There was no evidence to suggest that women were to be kept away from him, it is one of the parts of the trial that unravelled the fastest. 

Again, no fan of Salmond but folk need to stick to facts rather than regurgitate lies and half truths  

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Westminster to the rescue?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/assurances-sought-that-westminster-can-act-over-conduct-of-scottish-government-40127936.html

Of course we are all fully aware just what little paragons of virtue exist in that establishment.

Of course separation of powers isn't a thing at westminster either. The Attorney General has exactly the same dual role as the Lord Advocate. Overseeing the Crown Prosecution Service and top Legal Adviser to the Government, and part of the Cabinet.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He said he was no angel, not that he was raging sex pest

That's exactly what I said. He admitted that his behaviour was hardly beyond reproach. 

He was First Minister of Scotland. I'm afraid that him saying that he was 'no angel' doesn't mean that we should shrug our shoulders and pat him on the back for admitting that 'hey, my behaviour was maybe inappropriate and made women feel uncomfortable, but at least I'm not a rapist'. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's exactly what I said. He admitted that his behaviour was hardly beyond reproach. 

He was First Minister of Scotland. I'm afraid that him saying that he was 'no angel' doesn't mean that we should shrug our shoulders and pat him on the back for admitting that 'hey, my behaviour was maybe inappropriate and made women feel uncomfortable, but at least I'm not a rapist'. 

You also repeated a false claim about women being actively kept away from him. His statement was that he broke no laws, that was supported by the highest court in Scotland. 

The tone of your post suggests that he was like a carry on character, slapping arses and making obscene comments 24/7

You don't like Salmond, cool....but stop making stuff up or repeating lies.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The civil service had to act to make sure that female members of staff would not work alone with him.

Absolutely no evidence of that, just (presumably) rumour. My dad used to work with Salmond  back in the day and he was poleaxed when he heard that he'd been charged with all these terrible offenses. My theory is that HM Civil Service went after him with glee, the Polis gathered the evidence and the Crown Office couldn't resist it.