Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

How Bodhrán of you to make a pun that only works if you use a clumsy mispronunciation.

I know you like to make an Erse of languages but that's often how puns work, matey bhoy, barrin' any accidents, of course.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Presumably because it's impossible to discuss what happened without identifying the witnesses. 

Well, it's got Wings comparing himself to Woodward and Bernstein now.

If by some miracle the SNP went suicidal and replaced Sturgeon with Cherry or Salmond, the Greens would do spectacularly well.

Not entirely convinced of that tbh, plenty would still fall in line and plenty just wouldn’t vote. Greens would probably see a rise but not anything more substantial than the other two avenues l suggested, imo.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Not entirely convinced of that tbh, plenty would still fall in line and plenty just wouldn’t vote. Greens would probably see a rise but not anything more substantial than the other two avenues l suggested, imo.

You might be right, I hope not though. It's easy to fall into thinking most people think the same as me, I remember thinking as a teenager that if an anarchist party stood at a general election they'd win hands down.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of course it's bonkers.  Nippy (and I know using this terms makes grown men cry) is the secessionists greatest asset and I have huge admiration for her.

Still, something is happening among the Natter Collective when Angus makes a tweet like this:

I'd never want to draw parallels between football and politics but I think we're on the brink of seeing the house of cards collapsing.

Angus wants a new leader for different reasons. 

Sooner than I expected!
This was never going to be buried, it's absolutely bizarre that they tried. 
You do know that what they are asking for will almost certainly identify those who made the allegations?

For someone who proclaims she is a feminist she is acting like a fucking arsehole.

As far as identifying the accusers who the jury didn't believe....

A few years ago one of my neighbours was arrested and pled guilty to sex offences commited against a woman who lived in the same house as him. She was granted anonymity but it was reported in multiple papers and anyone who was aware of their living situation would automatically identify her. 

I don't understand why Salmond's accusers are entitled to more anonymity than she was..

As far as identifying the accusers who the jury didn't believe....
A few years ago one of my neighbours was arrested and pled guilty to sex offences commited against a woman who lived in the same house as him. She was granted anonymity but it was reported in multiple papers and anyone who was aware of their living situation would automatically identify her. 
I don't understand why Salmond's accusers are entitled to more anonymity than she was..
No - I don't know the accuser's names and nor do I want to. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The principle of anonymity when it comes to sex offences is absolutely paramount no matter who you are.

Jackie Baillie has shown she is prepared to throw that principle under the bus for political gain.

24 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Scotland has always had a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Normally it occurs when, on the cusp of victory, factions turn on each other.
I firmly believe we are on the verge of independence here but yet again this Salmond/Sturgeon war could have disastrous consequences.

Godly intervention or something