Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

Right, so you've resolved the issue with regard to Salmond's potential prosecution, but you're now back in the realms of holding an enquiry into elected government business in secret from the people who elect them.
Basically, the only way the committee is going to get what they want is if the woman herself waives her right to anonymity, and that's not about to happen. Not in a million years.
About 0.5% of the electorate will be distraught, I'm sure.

But Salmond will have presented his evidence to the enquiry, the sword of truth will have been wielded in the cause of justice and that's what counts.

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

About 0.5% of the electorate will be distraught, I'm sure.

But Salmond will have presented his evidence to the enquiry, the sword of truth will have been wielded in the cause of justice and that's what counts.

I'm sure you're correct on that point, but then, how does it sit with the committee members who have been jumping up and down and making endless noise about cooperation and transparency, if it's suddenly decided that they, but only they, are going to get the full story, but only once the public and media are firmly fired out the door. It's hardly a good look, and I think they'd likely realise it would make them look like clowns with a political axe to grind, rather than the impartial fact-finding exercise they claim.

Salmond won't get his immunity, the committee won't get their resolution, and certain elements will continue on in full 'aye, but the FM is in it up tae her neck' mode because it's suits them.

I'm finding NS's recent statements regarding her involvement interesting. I don't think she's in any way acting in a deliberately belligerent manner toward the committee or the media questions, but she strikes me as quietly confident that she'll come out of this clean. I think that any attempt to pin any sort of contrivance on her has obvious counterpoints, namely the reasons for her apparent inaction I alluded to earlier, so although I do not think she's being deliberately confrontational, I think there is a degree of 'if you really want to go down that road, I'm ready' reading between the lines of what she's said.

Edited by Boo Khaki

13 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

For a balanced view.

Is that wrong?

It's vague nebulous pish that reads as if it was typed up by an old man using a computer for the first time in his life.

This could only be considered giving a "balanced viewpoint" if you're wanting to including the opinions of moonhowling Yes-das. 

Is there seriously still folk who do not think there was a deliberate attempt to stitch up Salmond.

Gee whizz. Heads in the sand
Absolutely. The same folk also continually deny there is a Pizza shop in Glasgow, where the SNP run a child sex trafficking ring in the basement. Heads in the sand.

5 minutes ago, magic sign said:
28 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:
Is there seriously still folk who do not think there was a deliberate attempt to stitch up Salmond.

Absolutely. The same folk also continually deny there is a Pizza shop in Glasgow, where the SNP run a child sex trafficking ring in the basement. Heads in the sand.

My goodness. Educate yourself.

17 minutes ago, magic sign said:
40 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Where is the pizza shop?  Allison St? 

I don't get what political threat Salmond represented to anyone in the SNP other than the reputational damage if they ignored or try to cover up accusations of sexual misconduct right at the heart of the #metoo scandals. His political career was over when he lost Gordon and started his career with Russia Today.

My goodness. Educate yourself.
I'd rather let the enquiry into these things run it's course and publish their findings before I come to a conclusion, if it that's okay with you.
Unlike you I don't have access to people involved and insider knowledge of the whole situation to make an informed opinion of what happened, so it's hard to "educate myself" without listening to biased and possibly inaccurate information until all the information is published.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get what political threat Salmond represented to anyone in the SNP other than the reputational damage if they ignored or try to cover up accusations of sexual misconduct right at the heart of the #metoo scandals. His political career was over when he lost Gordon and started his career with Russia Today.

There's absolutely no truth in that though.  

2 minutes ago, magic sign said:

I'd rather let the enquiry into these things run it's course and publish their findings before I come to a conclusion, if it that's okay with you.
Unlike you I don't have access to people involved and insider knowledge of the whole situation to make an informed opinion of what happened, so it's hard to "educate myself" without listening to biased and possibly inaccurate information until all the information is published.

There is more than enough evidence in the public domain already.

10 minutes ago, magic sign said:

"Educate yourself" is the rallying call of the slightly unhinged conspiracy theorist.

6 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

You appear to be suggesting Alex Salmond will be getting into politics after being cleared of any wrongdoing?  

No, I was suggesting there was no need for a conspiracy to stop his political ambitions, if he had any he kept them to himself. It's the idea that Sturgeon and fellow conspirators persuaded all these women to lie in court because they were afraid of him making a political comeback that I find ridiculous.

There is more than enough evidence in the public domain already.

Until all the evidence is published, how can you know what happened with any degree of certainty.

Really why is waiting for the information to be published before forming an opinion so wrong, in your eyes?