Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

Be curious to know were it ends.

Does it end?

A lot depends on whether the TOW missiles that have kept Syrian army tanks at bay creating the current stalemate on the battlefield get augmented with MANPADs, so Russian planes and helicopters start tumbling out of the sky like they did in Afghanistan due to Stinger missiles winding up in the hands of the Mujahideen. So far the Americans (and their various allies) have been reluctant to let this particular set of Islamic crazies get their hands on that kind of weaponry for reasons that should be obvious. If Russia and Iran look like winning the proxy wars in Iraq and Syria outright in the months ahead it will be interesting to see whether states like Turkey and Saudi Arabia stick to the script on that.

Saying that, I've stopped all activity and I'm no longer a member of the SNP. The branch meetings these days are painful, the newbies do my nut in and I have a few concerns about things I would not air online.

I hate to think what they are like these days.

What is it about the newbies that do your nut in?

A lot depends on whether the TOW missiles that have kept Syrian army tanks at bay creating the current stalemate on the battlefield get augmented with MANPADs, so Russian planes and helicopters start tumbling out of the sky like they did in Afghanistan due to Stinger missiles winding up in the hands of the Mujahideen. So far the Americans (and their various allies) have been reluctant to let this particular set of Islamic crazies get their hands on that kind of weaponry for reasons that should be obvious. If Russia and Iran look like winning the proxy wars in Iraq and Syria outright in the months ahead it will be interesting to see whether states like Turkey and Saudi Arabia stick to the script on that.

Assad has been giving a few interviews to western news lately in which he claims the tide has turned in his favour since Russia got involved. In fact I was surprised to hear this reported on Radio Scotland earlier today. If true, and the Turks shooting down the Russian jet would certainly suggest it is, then I can see a major escalation ahead as the opposition backers get more desperate.

The US and Saudis etc have recently been discussing how to make anti-aircraft weapons 'safer', and therefore presumably more outwardly acceptable to be airdropping to jihadists, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see them appearing on the battlefield.

Saying that, I've stopped all activity and I'm no longer a member of the SNP. The branch meetings these days are painful, the newbies do my nut in and I have a few concerns about things I would not air online.

That's not very rational.

Why will our bombs have any more effect than those currently raining down on Syria. Surely the last thing required in Syria is more air strikes. As usual Cameron is like the white socks, slip on shoe arsehole in the taxi rank on a Saturday night who has to get involved in every fight he sees break out, he just can't help himself. A shameful time to be British but exactly what we knew to expect when rejecting independence.

Neil Findlay, one of the few Labour MSPs who used to be alright, took an absolute pounding on Twitter last night for this piece of swivel eyed lunacy:

findlaydissent.jpg

What makes this utterly hilarious is that just a few days ago he tweeted this:

post-14637-14490907016744_thumb.jpg

Cameron has no interest in ISIS, he want's assad gone, but he has russia's backing so it is a very dangerous situation all round.Imagine the ourtage if it was a RAF jet shot down by Turkey, More bombs being dropped will solve nothing, Just political posturing and imperialism from the tories.

First chance for Corbyn to show strong leadership and he has failed, Looks like labour will help the tories out to get this bill passed. The spineless Lib dems lining up to vote for it aswell.

57 of Scotland's elected MPs against action.If only we had voted yes, we wouldn't need to be part of this.

Bottom line is Russia will see the only successful outcome as Assad reinstated / remaining in charge of what will be left of Syria and the UK/US will see the only successful outcome as an Assad free Syria. A monumental stare down which is only going to end in conflict. ISIS will be a side show here. Add in Turkey and Iraq not to mention the arab states who have yet to get involved and you can't fail to see where all this is heading.