Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

I can't support any army that knowingly kills innocent civilians, sorry.

We had a chance to wash our hands with this one, it's going to come back and bite us in the arse. I just hope the next terrorist attack is not in Scotland.

On your first paragraph how would you then deal with people being used as human shields?

In military locations. Just say 'ah damn, we really could be doing with getting rid of that military installation but there's a few civilian cooks there.. Just need to leave it'.

On your first paragraph how would you then deal with people being used as human shields?

In military locations. Just say 'ah damn, we really could be doing with getting rid of that military installation but there's a few civilian cooks there.. Just need to leave it'.

You could start with the bigger questions like: "That military installation there must have cost a few bob. How in the name of f*ck can this mob come up with the money and expertise to buy and install this shit?".

You've got to love how much they've pushed Brimstone as this absolute panacea of precision and accuracy: "We're getting involved 'cos no one can do this thing that we do" etc, etc... and then this, from the Guardian:

Four RAF Tornado jets left the Akrotiri base in Cyprus in pairs around 03.00 GMT and two have reportedly returned without their 500lb (225kg) Paveway bombs.

Laser guided gravity bombs, that create big fucking fire balls and lots of shrapnel, very good.

Can anyone tell me what Cameron thinks we can achieve by adding the UK to the list of countries dropping bombs over there? I fail to see how us adding a few more will make any positive difference that the large number of bombs already being dropped hasn't already made. It makes no sense to me at all that the UK is joining in with that aspect of things.

See if you can dig out what Paddy Ashdown said about it yesterday. He can hardly be accused of being a Tory but put his case forward for being in favour of the strikes.

Less then isis killed on the russian plane in sharm el-sheikh i would say,but who cares about that right.

Thank the sky fairies for that magic army the tories found.

70,000 pals of Laurence of Arabia putting boots on the ground.

ISIS will be finished by Christmas.

See if you can dig out what Paddy Ashdown said about it yesterday. He can hardly be accused of being a Tory but put his case forward for being in favour of the strikes.

Googled "Paddy Ashdown on Syria" and the first result was this:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/15/british-planes-syria-military-putin-diplomacy

There is no military purpose to be served by Britain adding our widow’s mite of explosive to the mountain already criss-crossing the increasingly crowded Syrian skies. But there might be a political purpose, if it conveys solidarity.

I assume that is not what he was saying last night?

Edited by Ross.

Who from the U.S. claimed that?

The evidence is out there. Go and get it.

He puts a fair amount of context on it but I guess you've made up your mind having listened to all sides of the argument ?

There aren't sides to an argument for me to listen to. Syria was being bombed last week, the week before and last year. If you want to make an argument that this isn't the case then please feel free to do so.

The position of our government is that we need to be involved. This is not for military reasons, purely political.