Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

There is something wholly obscene about the speed at which this first UK bombing mission has been carried out.

It's like the warmongers can't wait to show off to their political friends.

What we lack in size, we make for in speed.

Never a good phrase in any circumstance.

Weather you agree with the bombing of syria or not i would hope people would support our armed forces in this mission.

What do you mean by support them? I hope there are as few deaths as possible but I'd rather soldiers die than innocents.

Absolutely ashamed this morning. At the Government playing with innocent lives and making our lives less safe, at the opposition's focus on their internal squabbles, but most of all at the general populace - exemplified on here - treating the whole shambles as some kind of point scoring exercise.

The whole world is less safe this morning.

Absolutely ashamed this morning. At the Government playing with innocent lives and making our lives less safe, at the opposition's focus on their internal squabbles, but most of all at the general populace - exemplified on here - treating the whole shambles as some kind of point scoring exercise.

Yep, our lives are a lot less safer by going after the fanatics (and their infrastructure) who want to come over here, cut off our heads or blow us up. Better to take the SNP approach and sit waiting for an attack or to roll out the red carpet and open the doors to them to come over as migrants to make their job easier.

Shame on Sturgeon et al.

Weather you agree with the bombing of syria or not i would hope people would support our armed forces in this mission.

f**k off. Should I be supporting Doctors going to surgeries this morning, or indeed anyone else going to do the job they're actually paid to do this morning?

What do you mean by support them? I hope there are as few deaths as possible but I'd rather soldiers die than innocents.

Indeed.

Yep, our lives are a lot less safer by going after the fanatics (and their infrastructure) who want to come over here, cut off our heads or blow us up. Better to take the SNP approach and sit waiting for an attack or to roll out the red carpet and open the doors to them to come over as migrants to make their job easier.

Shame on Sturgeon et al.

:lol: You're trying way too hard.

Eh. You do know if we wanted revenge for Paris we'd be bombing France and Belgium. The way to fight ideology is to take away the means of spreading said ideology. Find the money men, cut the off, destroy their access to Social Media, their communication arrays.

Bombing has proven in the past to be a great recruitment drive for terrorist organisations, more so that their words.

Syria is also unlike Iraq that there is a huge power struggle going on. Bombing and forcing retreats by ISIS isnt going to do anything if there is no one there to secure the gains. This is where Cameron's 70,000 ghost army would come in, accept eh, I doubt there is that much and also the fact they're currently being wiped out by Russia.

Wasn't just the government, politicians on all sides. In fact as far as I can see of all the parties who voted and had more than one MP doing so, the SNP is the only party who didn't have any sort of opposing view within their ranks. With so many of them this strikes me as decidedly odd. You can tell me all you like that none of them were convinced by the argument etc but not one of them thought differently???

Shame on Sturgeon et al.

But we're safe. We have Trident. The ULTIMATE deterrent.

Not trolling in the slightest.

Haven't heard much about 'the only show in town' recently. I thought the 56 were invading London en masse to shake up Westminster politics for ever.

#gamechanger

CVQeNb9WUAAoZAL.jpg

I'm overhearing a discussion taking place now in the office next door to mine that 3 girls are having, 2 of which are No voting Rangers fans. One said "If it was up to you and me, we'd obviously vote in favour of strikes, but that's why we have MPs, so they can vote for us and we don't have to think about it".

Christ.