New players for Selkirk

Borders Football

Im not sure if they do but thought I'd ask. Do clubs have to send off their accounts to the SFA to be assessed monthly/annually or anything? Wasn't that part of the licensing criteria?

If it is, then it won't be long before Selkirk are found out. Unless they're changing numbers.

Im not sure if they do but thought I'd ask. Do clubs have to send off their accounts to the SFA to be assessed monthly/annually or anything? Wasn't that part of the licensing criteria?

If it is, then it won't be long before Selkirk are found out. Unless they're changing numbers.

if what i saw was anything to go by then they are doing that indeed. 1 was even changed by the wonder of tippex!!

if what i saw was anything to go by then they are doing that indeed. 1 was even changed by the wonder of tippex!!

That's awful, if true, and shows a true lack of professionalism. Once again, if true I hope the club is found out and severely punished, especially as it's extremely unfair on other clubs and their committees working hard and trying to do everything the right way.

What was apparently changed through the wonders of tippex? Player contracts?

That's awful, if true, and shows a true lack of professionalism. Once again, if true I hope the club is found out and severely punished, especially as it's extremely unfair on other clubs and their committees working hard and trying to do everything the right way.

What was apparently changed through the wonders of tippex? Player contracts?

definitely true, i saw the contract myself! It was the 1st line of the money part, basically tried to hide the signing on fee part. Was ridiculously obvious it had been tampered with!

definitely true, i saw the contract myself! It was the 1st line of the money part, basically tried to hide the signing on fee part. Was ridiculously obvious it had been tampered with!

Ridiculous by a club, that not that long ago I had a soft spot for. Hope the club are punished for it.

If you can't afford to pay the players don't agree to the terms. It's that simple. It was hard enough for them to attract players a few years ago, and I can see it being the same again soon if this sort of stuff carries on.

• 3 weeks later...

Another ex-pro signed.

How does this stuff work? All kinds of reports regarding non payment of players yet still able to sign new ones? How does the discussion go with the new signing? Oh don't worry, we'll make sure we pay YOU. Must work though- they've prob had the biggest turnover in players in the three years of the lowland.

Archived