St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

We finished 3rd in his first season with a total patchwork team on a shoestring and the following season he was unlucky to lose out to an excellent Hamilton side with Mcarthur, McCarthy, Easton etc.

The notion that Dundee ever operated on a shoestring budget in this division. :lol:

Even when you were in administration you had one of the biggest budgets in the league!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The notion that Dundee ever operated on a shoestring budget in this division. :lol:

Even when you were in administration you had one of the biggest budgets in the league!

This. The season hes on about they had 27 senior players :lol:

The Dundee revisionism has been duly noted, corrected and old Ludo sent flouncing off in tears again on 'the big Saint Mirren relegation thread'. Butter clearly wouldn't melt in the mouth of any single member of that hopelessly deluded fanbase.

RandomGuy., on 19 Dec 2015 - 10:56, said:

This. The season hes on about they had 27 senior players :lol:

No, we didn't.

vikingTON, on 19 Dec 2015 - 11:53, said:

The Dundee revisionism has been duly noted, corrected and old Ludo sent flouncing off in tears again on 'the big Saint Mirren relegation thread'. Butter clearly wouldn't melt in the mouth of any single member of that hopelessly deluded fanbase.

No, I wasn't.

Not being pessimistic, just realistic. If they sack Murray then they've got the spine of a decent team (Langfield/Webster/Mallan/Gallagher) and they'll be too strong for at least the two of us.

Would be hilarious if they did though :lol:

The problem in your thinking here is that is an atrocious spine of a team

The problem in your thinking here is that is an atrocious spine of a team

Aye, but if you look at the players I mentioned most of us would've felt ok if our club signed them. I mean Langfield might be a bit of a joke figure, but he's been a solid SPL 'keeper for most of his career. Webster's perhaps now finished, but again was a decent player a couple of years ago at a higher level, Mallan is quality - perhaps the only genuine quality they have.

Gallagher's scored goals at this level for Cowden and was tipped as the next big thing at Ibrox a few years back.

The rest of the team's pretty dreadful, as was the last manager, but I think the problems at NSMP are a lot deeper than just the players and management. I'm beginning to see the signs of Clyde from a few years back when they fell pretty spectacularly from grace.

Archived