St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

Can't say I enjoyed my visit for the 6-2 game, I was coming through the gate when the 1st went in and the game was over as a contest before my pie & bovril was finished, I didn't even countenance Ayr staying up after that day, my only surprise was yourselves taking a bit longer than I thought to wrap up safety, pressure can throw up poor results from time to time though.
Ross or Steve Clarke for MOTY as far as I'm concerned, 2 remarkable turnarounds that don't happen too often happening almost simultaneously.
They'd get my vote. Jack especially

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack for MOTY considering we only stayed up on the last day of last season and walked the League this season. Clarke is a good guy and has worked wonders and Hopkin must deserve a mention. But Jack it is.

15 hours ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

Mind when everyone gloated and had us doomed to the 3rd tier?:guinness

Not so much gloating but I remember leaving The Rock after we hammered them 3 zip and thinking we'll stay up no problem, we've got Dumbarton' number and St Mirren are rank,didn't realise Saints had David Copperfield in as Head of Recruitment, last years April Fools horror show just highlighted why gambling and my opinions have not and never will be comfortable bedfellows.

On 01/03/2017 at 13:26, virginton said:

champ

On 08/01/2017 at 11:56, LargsTON said:

champ.

On 10/01/2017 at 22:20, TheGoon said:

champ

On 19/11/2016 at 20:15, virginton said:

champ.

It's Champions, guys. 

9336957dbd99e3884212d53939d9ad4a.gif

On 24/11/2015 at 21:38, mrcat1990 said:

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS.

Lets dust down that old Premiership steam engine and jump back on folks for a one way train to the seaside leagues, probably via the play offs.

Stunned to see one of the most hyped young managers in Scotland out do a certain Tommy Craig in shite manager stakes.

Awright mate? Remember that time you started a thread dedicated to our relegation that didn't happen?

How are Thistle getting on?

:lol:

Awright mate? Remember that time you started a thread dedicated to our relegation that didn't happen?
How are Thistle getting on?
[emoji38]
Me sad.

I'm happy to take my medicine on this one. The nature of our teams means we're both very up and down clubs so happy for Saints fans after their slight flirtation with double relegation to have their glory moment. Our last first division winning season was easily my happiest ever time following Thistle so glad you're all getting those experiences also.

3 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

I'm happy to take my medicine on this one. The nature of our teams means we're both very up and down clubs so happy for Saints fans after their slight flirtation with double relegation to have their glory moment. Our last first division winning season was easily my happiest ever time following Thistle so glad you're all getting those experiences also.

I certainly don't think fans of either side would have been predicting this turn of events after we met in the LC earlier in the season.

I've got a mate who supports West Brom, arguably the ultimate yo-yo club, and he always says he prefers the seasons when they go up to the ones when they're scraping by in the top flight. Admittedly they were better (safer) over recent seasons, but they're back to being shite again and it looks like no fun whatsoever. This season is way better than most of our seasons in the top flight were: aside from the cup win, our glory moments came from occasional decent results against Celtic and the dead club, and escaping relegation in dramatic fashion. It's no way to live.

IMO, the real benefit, for a club of the size of ours (and yours), to being in the top flight is having a squad that might do ok in the cups.

As far as relegation goes, I think the critical thing is being well-run, so that you can cope with the occasional drop, re-build in a sustainable way, and mount another challenge for promotion. We were not being run well, either side of our relegation, and it really showed with how we responded for that first 18 months.

I have nowt against Thistle - you're a club like us - and if you do come down, I wish you all the best next season.

15 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Agreed, the type of season we are having helps erase all the bad times from recent memory. 

You milk it for all its worth as it doesn’t happen very often.

What. A. Thread.

My all time favourite.

I could sit and quote posts for days on here.

That would be very childish though.

Oh.....

f1117c05e458cee4f6f9613f4179a4dd.jpg

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I certainly don't think fans of either side would have been predicting this turn of events after we met in the LC earlier in the season.

I've got a mate who supports West Brom, arguably the ultimate yo-yo club, and he always says he prefers the seasons when they go up to the ones when they're scraping by in the top flight. Admittedly they were better (safer) over recent seasons, but they're back to being shite again and it looks like no fun whatsoever. This season is way better than most of our seasons in the top flight were: aside from the cup win, our glory moments came from occasional decent results against Celtic and the dead club, and escaping relegation in dramatic fashion. It's no way to live.

IMO, the real benefit, for a club of the size of ours (and yours), to being in the top flight is having a squad that might do ok in the cups.

As far as relegation goes, I think the critical thing is being well-run, so that you can cope with the occasional drop, re-build in a sustainable way, and mount another challenge for promotion. We were not being run well, either side of our relegation, and it really showed with how we responded for that first 18 months.

I have nowt against Thistle - you're a club like us - and if you do come down, I wish you all the best next season.

Yup - looking forward to 2026/27 already!  :angel

2 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Some decent back peddling you are doing.

Suck it right up.

Some decent back peddling you are doing.
Suck it right up.

Well duh. This forum is alot about revelling in the misery of other supporters when on a downturn. Would you prefer me to go into hiding or accept the fact that I have egg all over my face at present? Lighten up champ.

It really must sicken Morton fans how things have turned out in the last year or so... From almost wetting themselves with excitement when they thought we were going down to watching us go back up to The Premiership AGAIN! that's something they can only dream of.

Archived