St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

10 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Yeah I don’t get it. While I enjoy the banter, always want to beat you when we play (like every other team we play, I suppose!!) and have a snigger when you lose a game, it doesn’t go past that.

Don’t understand why people would stay away from that game considering it could be a huge game for us going into a possible playoff game and the players need as much support as possible to build confidence.

They are going to stay away because it's going to be an utter humiliation. Your fans and players are going to be relentlessly mocked while your biggest rivals party in the stands and on the pitch (a rival you were lording over 18 months ago and singing about relegating). I can understand why many of your fans are too thin skinned to sit through that, it's going to be brutal. I can't wait!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, GAD said:

They are going to stay away because it's going to be an utter humiliation. Your fans and players are going to be relentlessly mocked while your biggest rivals party in the stands and on the pitch (a rival you were lording over 18 months ago and singing about relegating). I can understand why many of your fans are too thin skinned to sit through that, it's going to be brutal. I can't wait!

Maybe it's an age thing if it was reversed I would attend Morton is not the old scum they are fans who support their local team like us not enough locals . One of my best customers is a die hard Morton fan we get on great. Have got an older Morton fan down on the train he had come up to watch us he sat in the away end he was  a top man. Slagging and bragging is healthy between us but I for one don't hate Morton. 

53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Your avatar - is that you repeatedly saying ‘fifteen months, fifteen months, fifteen months....’

No, it’s just Shabba Ranks. It’s in honour of the fine work he is doing at Tannadice.

I can't actively bring myself to even dislike St. Mirren, let alone hate them. Especially when, in this country alone, there are genuinely horrible clubs with mutant fanbases who actually do deserve it.

The game would be important and we'd have a chance of winning. I'd HOPE that people would see our own position and season as more important to how you lot end yours.

There's a lot of fate tempting on here, I do hope the team doesn't pretend its 2004 vintage Morton for the next month or so.

EDIT: And yes, I am a negative, spineless, doom mongering shitebag - but at least I'm not quite as bad as elvis.

It's not like St Mirren are going to clinch the league at our expense so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it's the title party. The league will be well wrapped up by then.

If we get a positive result I'll be happy, if we get beaten I'll be a seething mess. No different from any other derby game.

Yeah I don’t get it. While I enjoy the banter, always want to beat you when we play (like every other team we play, I suppose!!) and have a snigger when you lose a game, it doesn’t go past that.

Don’t understand why people would stay away from that game considering it could be a huge game for us going into a possible playoff game and the players need as much support as possible to build confidence.

As I've said before. I love St.Mirren more than I hate anyone else so I go to the games regardless

51 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

As I've said before. I love St.Mirren more than I hate anyone else so I go to the games regardless

Yep. I'll be going to watch Morton and will be hoping we play well enough to get a result. Your party is just a side show to the mighty Ton. :P 

10 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Yep. I'll be going to watch Morton and will be hoping we play well enough to get a result. Your party is just a side show to the mighty Ton. :P 

Will still be a scunner though. I imagine earplug sales in Inverclyde will spike that week.... ‘Stand up for the Champions’, ‘We’re on our way, to the Premier League, we’re on our way’, ‘Championees away, away, away’, ‘Down with the Arabs, you’re staying down with the Arabs’, and that old favourite and toe-tapper ‘Shite and you know you are’.

I agree, you should come and support your boys, and fcuk bothering about us, but still, gonnae’ be teeth-gratingly impossible to ignore.

Pleasing. :P

On 29/03/2018 at 08:08, Dunning1874 said:

The real villains of this piece are the Morton fans who were insisting last season that it would be a bad thing if St Mirren got relegated and we should want them to stay up.

Yeah, that's worked out spectacularly for us.

Your posts are generally fairly  sensiible,  but the above is just childish guff you'd expect to get in a school playground.  if you're serious, you're taking fitba', and P&B, way too seriously.

I don't have any particularly strong dislike of St Mirren, or any other Scottish team (well, bar the obvious two). Last season they were an interesting watch but it didn't matter to me whether they went down or not, just as this season it doesn't bother me that they're going up.  Other teams only really matter when we're about to play them, and sometimes for a little while afterwards if it's a great result or a sair yin. 

They've been the best in the division so they deserve to win it. Give them their "guard of honour", it means nothing and only lasts a few seconds, then beat them again  - we've  the best record against them of any team in the division, so in fact them being here has worked out pretty well for us.

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Is that what you took from his comments? I mean I could be well of the mark here if there is context I am unaware of, but I completely thought the guys comments were tongue in cheek.

Who knows?  Can be hard to tell with the written word,  that's why I added the caveat.

He did though refer yesterday on the Morton forum to those who wanted St Mirren to stay up last season as "idiots" so unless his sense of irony is passing me by twice  I tend to think he probably means it.

Couldn't see anything other than a Saints promotion this season after witnessing the 6-2 pumping a year ago, I'm just surprised that the pundits still feel the need to ask if Dundee United have any chance of catching them, go and watch them and you'll realise that they're gash and have been for almost the entirety of their stay in the Championship.

Hope you comfortably cement your place in the Premiership next season, it has been a remarkable turnaround  in just over a year.

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Will still be a scunner though. I imagine earplug sales in Inverclyde will spike that week.... ‘Stand up for the Champions’, ‘We’re on our way, to the Premier League, we’re on our way’, ‘Championees away, away, away’, ‘Down with the Arabs, you’re staying down with the Arabs’, and that old favourite and toe-tapper ‘Shite and you know you are’.

I agree, you should come and support your boys, and fcuk bothering about us, but still, gonnae’ be teeth-gratingly impossible to ignore.

Pleasing. :P

Don’t forget this old classic which I’m sure the St Mirren DJ will be encouraged to play at half time.

Couldn't see anything other than a Saints promotion this season after witnessing the 6-2 pumping a year ago, I'm just surprised that the pundits still feel the need to ask if Dundee United have any chance of catching them, go and watch them and you'll realise that they're gash and have been for almost the entirety of their stay in the Championship.
Hope you comfortably cement your place in the Premiership next season, it has been a remarkable turnaround  in just over a year.
Thank you and good luck in the championship next season. Hopefully Shankland will still be on fire.
Ayr. Old school ground, cracking day out

16 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

Thank you and good luck in the championship next season. Hopefully Shankland will still be on fire.
Ayr. Old school ground, cracking day out

Can't say I enjoyed my visit for the 6-2 game, I was coming through the gate when the 1st went in and the game was over as a contest before my pie & bovril was finished, I didn't even countenance Ayr staying up after that day, my only surprise was yourselves taking a bit longer than I thought to wrap up safety, pressure can throw up poor results from time to time though.

Ross or Steve Clarke for MOTY as far as I'm concerned, 2 remarkable turnarounds that don't happen too often happening almost simultaneously.

Archived