St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

5 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Meanwhile, back in pishley, Norrie has finished cooking and is about to sample his recipe.

images (4).jpg

Funny.  Still no answers from morton fans who can't bear admitting I'm right. Keep posting the pics top banter 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bailey1874 said:

Honest question: Where do Saints fans think it all went wrong? Poor management choices; poor signings; board loosing interest; just bad luck, or a combination of all of those? The luck you had with the TESCO deal seemed to have set you up long term; no debt; new ground; new training facilities etc. but it now looks like league one ahoy.    

If you do go down (looking likely) it wont be that easy getting back up - loss of earnings through reduced sponsorship, gate receipts, hard to get new signings will all come in to play. We know, we've been there. 

I am not gloating, I am genuinely interested on what Saints fans think.

admit it, you are just a little bit

St.Mirren have always had delusions of grandeur, so it is hilarious to see them in their current predicament 

Bailey I know it won't be easy I know we're down on our luck. I believe that its important we return quick.  By the way tho we are not actually down yet altho it does look like it. I am just saying that morton can laugh but really were are they headed.  Cmon?  But yeah it's grim and we need to pick ourselves up and return quick.  I like the manager and some of these young players are really good. We have to believe if we go down we would be able to get back quickly.  

2 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Bailey I know it won't be easy I know we're down on our luck. I believe that its important we return quick.  By the way tho we are not actually down yet altho it does look like it. I am just saying that morton can laugh but really were are they headed.  Cmon?  But yeah it's grim and we need to pick ourselves up and return quick.  I like the manager and some of these young players are really good. We have to believe if we go down we would be able to get back quickly.  

download.png

32 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Microdave again good for you. But your a Diddy team that will soon be back where you belong In league 1.  You lost to a junior team.. We're down but we will come back. You won't.  You have v little but enjoy this its probably the only time it will happen. Tell me what have you won?  What do you have going for you. Long term you know we will overtake you and most people will agree

Yep, we've been told that since 2012 and I've no doubt it will happen at some point. 

We did lose to a junior team and it was deserved.

We went down from this division in 1996 and it took us until 2012 to get back. There are no guarantees. I grew up watching the Sons in the top two tiers but this is now the longest we've been in the second tier since the mid 80's. There's no reason that can't happen to your team especially as the fan owned idea worked a treat at the likes of Clyde and Stirling Albion.

We might come back if we get relegated. No guarantees as above paragraph says.

It might not happen again which is why Sons fans are loving our time here.

What have we won? Crikey, where to start. Nothing recently but we were Scotland's original champions with Rangers(1873-2012). We won the league the following year but as I understand it St. Mirren are still waiting for that particular accolade.

We have a board that back the manager and won't put the club in debt for the sake of avoiding relegation. We're doing pretty well and can look forward to another end of season party having avoided the drop which I'm sure we will!

Long term I'm sure you will overtake us but there are no guarantees (paragraph 1) but you can't blame me for having a dig just now to Lord it over you!

Eta we're also the only club to have won league titles at all four levels of Scottish football!

3 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Norrie, I know you are not down yet & there are a lot of games still to play, and yes Morton have had nothing to crow about in recent years. What I was asking was, where do you think it has gone pear shaped over the last few seasons? 

Bailey simply the old board. They wanted out they stopped working at making us better. Appointing tommy Craig killed us. He was not the man.  After that not replacing him with a manager who had experience.  Selling kenny maclean on the last day of the window. That's when it started and the rot set in. I do believe long term Gordon Scott will do well and Jack Ross is a good manager. We are looking down but I feel we will be back.  

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

I think jack is good for saints and I believe he willie a success.  We will return 

When you got Murray as Manager I thought you had won a watch (I know its a good long while ago, but I thought you should have kept Gus Mac?). 

If you do go down I have no doubt you will return, just saying that it may not be as easy as you think? 

3 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Bailey simply the old board. They wanted out they stopped working at making us better. Appointing tommy Craig killed us. He was not the man.  After that not replacing him with a manager who had experience.  Selling kenny maclean on the last day of the window. That's when it started and the rot set in. I do believe long term Gordon Scott will do well and Jack Ross is a good manager. We are looking down but I feel we will be back.  

Fair enough, just wondered what most Saints fans thought - From outside looking in it always appeared that Mr Gilmour seemed to be doing an ok job, maybe just lost heart in end?

Archived