Women For Independence

ICTChris

All we need to do is sit back and allow the SNP enough rope to hang themselves. Despite all the proclamations about how they were "a breath of fresh air" and "convicton politicans" we will soon see that they are no different to the self-serving parasites before them.

She's not convicted yet.

Oh, sorry - carry on.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In true Father Ted style the money was only resting in her account.

Lets just wait and see what happens (Innocent until proven guilty and all of that) and like Thomson if she is guilty of any wrongdoing get her tae feck.

Have to say I would be surprised if she was guilty of anything as I would have had her at 55 in the list of the 56 to be up to no good.

Now her partner on the other hand is(or at least was at the time) a Tory...

From the perspective of not knowing anything about what has actually happened I'm going to hypothesis.

IF she did take the money from the Paypal account, surely she could have been in a position to pay it back since becoming a MP?

It benefits neither WFI or McGarry to have any bad publicity surrounding these accusations.

No idea of the sums involved, but lets say it's £10k. McGarry could have said listen give me the opportunity to pay it back into the account over a couple of months, you get the cash back and nobody gets any bad publicity?

If McGarry did have sole access to the account, is she going to deny everything and refuse to give anything back?

Has someone at WFI jumped in too quick because they may have a dislike for her?

Point I'm making is, surely there would have been ample opportunity to get the money back into the account before the need for the Police to b called in?

From the perspective of not knowing anything about what has actually happened I'm going to hypothesis.

IF she did take the money from the Paypal account, surely she could have been in a position to pay it back since becoming a MP?

It benefits neither WFI or McGarry to have any bad publicity surrounding these accusations.

No idea of the sums involved, but lets say it's £10k. McGarry could have said listen give me the opportunity to pay it back into the account over a couple of months, you get the cash back and nobody gets any bad publicity?

If McGarry did have sole access to the account, is she going to deny everything and refuse to give anything back?

Has someone at WFI jumped in too quick because they may have a dislike for her?

Point I'm making is, surely there would have been ample opportunity to get the money back into the account before the need for the Police to b called in?

"Bad publicity" is irrelevant if it's a theft we're talking about though. It's not like WFI is some sort of SNP-only (or indeed SNP-supporting) group.

"Bad publicity" is irrelevant if it's a theft we're talking about though. It's not like WFI is some sort of SNP-only (or indeed SNP-supporting) group.

All the women in WFI were very friendly with each other. It didn't have to be a SNP supporting group, just pro-indy.

No one in the pro-indy camp benefits from this kind of publicity. I can't believe there were not opportunities to get this sorted before the Police were contacted.

So did McGarry take the money and flatly refuse to give it back?

Did she get the opportunity to pay it back if she did indeed have the money?

If the answer to both those questions is no then that's a ridiculous situation for both WFI and McGarry.

Who went to the Police and why did they feel they had to go?

At what stage in the WFI internal checks did they approach the Police? Straight away or did they give McGarry an opportunity to explain and/or pay back the funds (if she had them)?

Speculation is probably going to go nowhere. Friendliness is an entirely different thing from a political organisation with specific accounts, codes of practice and so on. I've been in countless organisations that have kicked the bucket due to this distinction not being recognised. I doubt they've gone to it without exhausting all options (that seems to be the understanding I get from The National anyway: http://www.thenational.scot/politics/women-for-independence-call-in-police-over-accounts.10339).

Nonetheless I think WFI are one of the better pro-independence groups and I hope they can get this sorted out.

One of the stories I read, can't recall where, was that the board of WFI had asked questions of McGarry about the finances and the missing money. When they weren't satisfied with the explanation they went to the police.

Surely to christ no-one could be daft enough to a) pull a fast one when you're the only one with control of the accounts (I don't believe that's true btw, most organisations don't leave full control of their finances in the hands of one person) and b) stand for election knowing that at any minute you could be mired in a scandal. Hope the truth comes out soon tbh, can't be arsed with speculation and heresay. What's the latest with that other one anyway?

Surely to christ no-one could be daft enough to a) pull a fast one when you're the only one with control of the accounts (I don't believe that's true btw, most organisations don't leave full control of their finances in the hands of one person) and b) stand for election knowing that at any minute you could be mired in a scandal. Hope the truth comes out soon tbh, can't be arsed with speculation and heresay. What's the latest with that other one anyway?

How much will she have made as an MP in the six months since the election? I have no idea how MPs wages are paid but if it's spread evenly across the year then she will have banked 35k+ since the election with pretty much zero living expenses.

There's your answer.

How much will she have made as an MP in the six months since the election? I have no idea how MPs wages are paid but if it's spread evenly across the year then she will have banked 35k+ since the election with pretty much zero living expenses.

There's your answer.

So she will have earned enough money to live reasonably for one year?

WTF do you think 35k buys you?

McGarry is as thick as two planks.

She didn't even know what her own party's government was doing in its Higher Education Governance Bill when asked about it by a student at a debate at a University.

That people like her get elected is an affront to democracy and proof that both candidates and the electorate should have to pass an intelligence and political literacy test to participate.

How come Fide's not swarming all over this thread defending the whiter than white!?

Sorry to disappoint, Roberto, I was busy playing Star Wars Battlefront last night, causing it in my tie fighter.

Let's wait to see what the outcome of the investigation is first, but I'd expect het to be squeaky. If not, cheerio doll.

She didn't even know what her own party's government was doing in its Higher Education Governance Bill when asked about it by a student at a debate at a University.

That people like her get elected is an affront to democracy and proof that both candidates and the electorate should have to pass an intelligence and political literacy test to participate.

Does it just cut you up that she was elected whilst the public told you to get yourself to f**k?

Its great how much of a seething mess you have become since being trounced by the only show in town

Archived