Amazon Prime Video

grazza

My main annoyance is that you can't see when something is no longer included with Prime. Netflix and NOW TV will always give you a date when they can.
I think the quality of content is pretty good and their fairly regular rental sales are handy.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

First series of Goliath is great the second isint as good nad as mentioned before Bosch is brilliant. Also the walking dead if free on Prime (up to the latest season) if thats your bag

I actually think that the in video viewing is outstanding on AmazonPrime and I get frustrated that Netflix dosent tell you the cast on screen or bits of music and the like. 

Tried Goliath and wasn't a fan, may give Bosch a go though. My girlfriend watched the Walking Dead up to season seven but I could never really get into it.

Amazon own IMDB which is where they pull all the info from and probably gives them the edge over Netflix in terms of the in-video information. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Man in the high castle

Personally, I would say Prime is miles behind Netflix. I can flick through Netflix and find dozens of things that look of interest. Prime has maybe one or two things

I got bored of it after 5 seasons or so - somewhere around the London episode or possibly when she quits and runs for office

Recently I'd say it's been about the same for me - as much on both platforms that interests me but both have a lot of filler shite to say they have XXX+ amount of titles available. The Prime original content has especially gotten much better in recent years than it previously was.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Recommend Vikings despite it being a bit slow in places. Characters are really interesting and the story line is quite engaging once it gets going.

I've had this recommended by a lot of my (predominately bearded) mates but haven't gotten round to watching for some reason. Will need to add it to the list.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

My main annoyance is that you can't see when something is no longer included with Prime. Netflix and NOW TV will always give you a date when they can.
I think the quality of content is pretty good and their fairly regular rental sales are handy.

I agree with this, there's been a few times I've watched part of something and came back and it was no longer on Prime. Suppose it touched on the non-user friendly part of the service I touched upon in my original post. The best solution I've found is on the actual Amazon website where it shows you everything expiring in the next 30 days: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=9791716031 . There should definitely be an easier way of finding out though.

Halt and Catch fire and The Americans are a couple of little watched but excellent shows on Amazon Prime. Final series of the Americans has yet to be added but H&CF has finished so everything should be on there.

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the Michigan Wolverines version of All or Nothing, likewise the All Blacks version is worth a watch.  The Looming Tower, which chronicles the relationship between CIA and FBI in the years leading up to Sept 11 wasn't bad either.

Archived