Queen's Park v Forfar Athletic

QPSAFalkirkFirm

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens Park can consider themselves a bit unfortunate to lose this one. They were the only team who played any football. Pass marks today for Denholm, Nicoll, Douglas and Travis but that was about it.

Sanny had a cracking game too, scored, had one chopped off for offside and a great save from the keeper to deny him another after he skinned a couple of defenders. Also won just about everything that came at him but nobody there for his flicks and lay offs. What's the point in playing him as a target man if there is nobody up along side him?

Complete minter for the idiots shouting for him to be subbied a minute before he scored too.

Kennedy didn't look out of place after Travis came off either.

That was fucking awful. Conditions didn't help but going in at 1-0 at half time, I thought Forfar would eventually run out comfortable winners with the wind behind them. Far from it and QP deserved their equaliser, took an age to go in, not sure if it took a deflection, was at the other end. Templeton is finished, thought he passed up his goal, made it hard for himself as he let it run across him but decent enough finish from a tight angle.

Fucked off ten minutes early as it was that cold and windy. Looking forward to the next round, hopefully it's away to wick. Will be going to that instead of Falkirk at Dens.

That was fucking awful. Conditions didn't help but going in at 1-0 at half time, I thought Forfar would eventually run out comfortable winners with the wind behind them. Far from it and QP deserved their equaliser, took an age to go in, not sure if it took a deflection, was at the other end. Templeton is finished, thought he passed up his goal, made it hard for himself as he let it run across him but decent enough finish from a tight angle.

Fucked off ten minutes early as it was that cold and windy. Looking forward to the next round, hopefully it's away to wick. Will be going to that instead of Falkirk at Dens.

Goal was a huge deflection from Travis, sent Rab completely the wrong way.

Not sure QP were better team, they really didn't create very much the whole game and their goal had a huge slice of luck in it. They passed it better than us but you don't win much for nice little passes that do nothing.

In Danny Denholm we had the one decent attacking player on the park, basically when we got the ball to him we looked dangerous, especially running at the hapless left back, anything else (the relentless hoofs) was just soul sucking rubbish.

Over the two games Queens Park were definitely the better team. More cohesion, ideas and options going forward. We're a disjointed rabble and it's painful to watch.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Sometimes wonder what we do at training

Not sure QP were better team, they really didn't create very much the whole game and their goal had a huge slice of luck in it. They passed it better than us but you don't win much for nice little passes that do nothing.

In Danny Denholm we had the one decent attacking player on the park, basically when we got the ball to him we looked dangerous, especially running at the hapless left back, anything else (the relentless hoofs) was just soul sucking rubbish.

Was he the number 11? If so, was by far Forfars best player.

Decent player today, Denholm. I thought Travis was decent, good in the air but the two wingers left me down. Might of been a bad performance by them but who knows.

I've not seen much of Forfar this season but since I live in the area, I'll make an effort.

Special mention to the QP fans, good vocal support today. Good young players coming through so should do well domestically this season.

Yep, totally agree with this.

Wind was always going to influence who was generally on top each half. Queens had most of the ball in the first half without seriously troubling Rab. Forfar, into the wind, scored, had one offside goal chalked off and had a Danny Denholm effort and an even better Sanny effort saved by the keeper.

Second half saw QP get their deflected effort and another couple of efforts including one which Rab dealt with...just. Forfar, like QP in the 1st half, had much more of the game though.

Danny is having the type of season we all hoped for - top scorer and probably most assists too. Good effort from all in difficult conditions today. Good interview from the gaffer. Travis not fit until TOB pulled out. Great attitude! Some players still to hit their best form but with the loan players available for Tuesday, I'm quite hopeful of getting a win. (Pity I'm away down south) #Believe

Some people just can't be pleased

Thought we played well and deserved to go through, denholm was brilliant at times and how anyone can say templeman is finished is beyond me, the big man was terrific. Looking forward to Tuesday and the next round.

Some people just can't be pleased

Thought we played well and deserved to go through, denholm was brilliant at times and how anyone can say templeman is finished is beyond me, the big man was terrific. Looking forward to Tuesday and the next round.

I thought he was quite poor yesterday although I don't see him week in week out. I thought his touch and link up play was poor but like I've said he took his goal quite well.

I thought he was quite poor yesterday although I don't see him week in week out. I thought his touch and link up play was poor but like I've said he took his goal quite well.

His 'poor' link up play was more to do with nobody running in behind him to pick up his flicks and knock ons. Last season Hilson and Swankie were picking them up, this season it's not happening.

In recent weeks he's been involved in the build up play for most of our goals too.

Archived