25 years ago today

ICTChris

I seen something today on twitter saying that 25 years ago today, this was the headline, and it was about Fashanu coming out as gay...?

Dates mixed up somewhere? Who's right and who's wrong? Some anonymous dafty on twitter or Chris??

Eta: unless Thatcher was on the front page on the Monday? :lol:

Eta2: and my dad hadn't even pumped my mother yet, this time 25 years ago.

I seen something today on twitter saying that 25 years ago today, this was the headline, and it was about Fashanu coming out as gay...?

Dates mixed up somewhere? Who's right and who's wrong? Some anonymous dafty on twitter or Chris??

Eta: unless Thatcher was on the front page on the Monday? :lol:

Eta2: and my dad hadn't even pumped my mother yet, this time 25 years ago.

Probably the only man in Christendom at the time who could make that claim.

It was on the 22nd of November 1990 that Mrs T announced she wouldn't fight the second ballot. She stayed on for a few more days to allow the ballot to be held, then John Major took over.

@majorsrise is worth a follow on Twitter if you're either interested/extremely boring. Live (well, you get what I mean) tweeting the events from 25 years ago.

I recall quite clearly where I was and who I was with.

My three colleagues were all senior in rank and years.

As we stood around the managing director's desk, he and the other two had a despair and bemusement about them.

Immediately my facetious comment had flown from my mouth, I felt out of place and for the first time I recognised that there were those amongst us that had and probably still do, have genuine admiration for her.

I followed the whole tale of Tory backstabbing with some relish and pissed myself laughing every time the c**t was on TV, as the whole time her look was becoming more and more pained.

Mostly though, at the time,as a recently turned 18 year old YTS trainee, I was still getting over the shock of having to pay 50% of the full rate of the Poll Tax because I was £2 over the threshold.

May you forever burn in hell you evil, evil woman.

25 years on unfortunately we have a group of individuals in power, who are more extreme than that bitch. That is the sorry state of affairs we are currently living in.

I was 5th year at school, and engrossed by it. I remember my maths teacher asking why we were all "so interested" to which I replied that I couldn't remember any other prime minister (I would have been 16 at the time) which I think put it into context for her. I look back now, and Prime Ministers come and go - for me, she was my whole childhood.

Archived