Sons v Wasps

microdave

Sky sports report attendance of 274 . When was the last time so few watched a competitive match or is this a new low for stadium. Please let macallum start on Saturday. Some good football but Alloa were really poor.

I reckon this is a new low, someone like Andy Galloway will no doubt know officially though.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A soulless performance tonight how McNeil got picked ahead of DC I'll never know. He is worse than last seasons keepers. This team is absolutely woeful. Lennon has set us back years with this squad. From kick off Dumbarton run up and score a goal inside 19 secondds. I still don't understand why Chopra came on after 29 mins for Crawford. Crawford looked like he was doing ok only to be replaced by that waste of a jersey. I was going to hang on at 3-0 until the final whistle then Chopra sat down in the centre circle wanting subbed off. That was the end of the game for me. Hardly surprising to find out their other two goals came from our mistakes. A clear out is needed.

Pretty convincing in the end for Sons I thought.

Worst possible start Alloa could have made be a goal down after 15 seconds and 2 in 15 minutes.

But for about the first 20 minutes of the second half Alloa put Dumbarton under some real pressure and if the boy takes his chance with just Mark Brown to beat who knows the outcome might have been a wee bit different.

There was always that chance that Sons would catch them on the break and for it to be five shows just how big of job it is for whoever comes in for Alloa.

Was well impressed with Wee Kevin Cawley as usual and the boy McCallum looks a real box of tricks up front of Sons.

Doesn't necessarily need a clear out, there are plenty of decent players in that squad and with the right man to lift them and get them organised, and add a leader or two, and they could be competitive. It's only a couple of weeks since Hibs were relieved to get away from Alloa with a 1-0 win. Getting pumped by Dumbarton is not acceptable but given we suffered a morale sapping defeat at the weekend followed by the manager quitting then it's maybe not a surprise. All down to Mike now.

Couldn't agree more about McNeil, I cannot understand why Lennon and now Connolly would pick the guy.

Good luck to the Sons in the next round.

Well with Brophy away McCallum finally got his opportunity to impress tonight, and he took it well. Cracking finish low into the bottom corner after seconds of kick-off. He worked hard, ran the channels and generally looked lively all evening. Deserves a start this weekend.

Special mentions to Cawley who's great ball wide lead to the second. Buchanan's ball across was asking to be tapped home. He needs to learn that's the ball to play in that position rather than the floating cross he tried the other half dozen times he found himself in a similar position. Lindsay impressed again. The defence looked more balanced with Buchanan on the right and the solid Wright at centre-half...heading everything about 300 yards.

Alloa started the second half well but looked devoid of any cutting edge and confidence. Tough night for them and hard to see where they can go from here. New manager has a big job ahead.

Good result and glad I made the effort to get along but the low attendance isn't unexpected given the recent weather and it being a midweek night in the run up to Christmas.

Doesn't necessarily need a clear out, there are plenty of decent players in that squad and with the right man to lift them and get them organised, and add a leader or two, and they could be competitive. It's only a couple of weeks since Hibs were relieved to get away from Alloa with a 1-0 win. Getting pumped by Dumbarton is not acceptable but given we suffered a morale sapling defeat at the weekend followed by the manager quitting then it's maybe not a surprise. All down to Mike now.

Couldn't agree more about McNeil, I cannot understand why Lennon and now Connolly would pick the guy.

Good luck to the Sons in the next round.

The fact that Crawford played, and played well, in your only league victory this season makes the decision even more remarkable.

Also, Andy McNeil's always been rubbish and is one of those players who gives you a wee bit of hope as an opposition fan when you see him on the teamsheet (see also Marc Warren - Airdrie United 2012/13 and Stephen Robertson - Alloa 2010/11 and Airdrie for yonks before that)

There was a lot to please the eye tonight from the Sons viewpoint but let's not get carried away just yet. And whilst we deserved to go through there was never five goals in it, just like the recent league game in which Falkirk duffed us up.

McCallum did himself no harm, but I'm really beginning to warm to Wright and Lindsay. Cawley had his best game in a while too, but there were times either side of half-time when if the Wasps had converted their outfield play into a goal it may have been interesting.

Alloa are devoid of confidence right now and lack a cutting edge, whilst the last 10 minutes had an air of capitulation about it. The difference for me was the spells of harrying we did across their back four and midfield and we need to maintain that from here on in.

The fact that Crawford played, and played well, in your only league victory this season makes the decision even more remarkable.

Also, Andy McNeil's always been rubbish and is one of those players who gives you a wee bit of hope as an opposition fan when you see him on the teamsheet (see also Marc Warren - Airdrie United 2012/13 and Stephen Robertson - Alloa 2010/11 and Airdrie for yonks before that)

Indeed. Everybody knows Crawford is a much better keeper.

Even when Alloa had their spell of pressure, I felt we had nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, one team has to be the bottom team and on that performance, I'm afraid they are the likely team to go straight down.

Well done everyone for good goals tonight. We've racked up a pretty decent haul in the last few games, so confidence must be rising again.

Every player did well tonight.

The irony was that we played a bit better in the first half but scored more goals in the second!

What a result, thank f**k I went. Even though I had to sit and listen to two of the most obnoxious women ever. Fucking ears are burning off.

Two sitting in the middle of the black seats with nobody around them by any chance? You're lucky if that's your first time hearing them!

Hardly a failure in the Sons line up and maybe this game came at the right time. As a confidence booster ahead of Saturday's vital league game it was invaluable.

Alloa looked very much like Dumbarton have on several occasions this season with almost no threat up front despite some decent link up play.

Lindsay, McCallum and Cawley looked best to me and hopefully a clean sheet will give Brown a much needed boost. He dealt with the few chances he had to handle pretty well.

If young McCallum doesn't get a start on Saturday then it's a travesty. He harried their defence and keeper in a way that personified his youthful zeal. A player like that is good to have when your opponents are low in confidence.

A point would be great on Saturday but I hope we play for (and get) three.

McCallum seems absolutely beaming after last night. Delighted for him, his goals to minutes ratio must be right up there.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on against St Mirren. If we had a semi-decent striker to start I'd be tempted to bring him off the bench. The reality is we have Steven Craig and if it's between the two of them I'd start McCallum every day of the week. I wouldn't even bring Craig off the bench if I'm perfectly honest.

Two sitting in the middle of the black seats with nobody around them by any chance? You're lucky if that's your first time hearing them!

I usually sit far right almost on line with the goal. I feel sorry for whoever has to sit near them.

McCallum seems absolutely beaming after last night. Delighted for him, his goals to minutes ratio must be right up there.

He can't have played much more than 90 minutes in total before last night and there's only been a couple of times he hasn't scored, hopefully someone with a bit of time on their hands can tell us what his goal to minute ratio is.

Didn't make it down last night but we've been needing to thump someone for a while. Hopefully Kirky and McCallum can now have an effect on the squad, Kirky especially could be like a new signing for us if he gets his arse in gear. Going by reports it only hardens my view that we need to keep Jamie Lindsay, by far our most effective loan signing. Confidence will be sky high going into Saturday. Good stuff.

Mccallum has to start Saturday, I don't think Kirky is quite ready for a start though, even if that was a great substitution appearance, Lindsay was excellent again, I'd definitely start that team on Saturday, but with a stronger bench.

I just remembered Gibson wasn't playing, and Saunders due back, probably play Gibson instead of Gallagher(probably needs a rest) anyone's guess between Saunders, Buchanan or taggart at rb

Archived