Sons v Wasps

microdave

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were called off tonight wouldn't they try again for Thursday? Isn't that what they're trying with most other games?

Thursday and Saturday with both teams facing f/t clubs at the weekend would be a disaster.

On the positive side, I could go.

With Brophy gone tonight could be a good opportunity to start macallum to give the lad ninety minutes to show how effective he is. With Saunders still out I imagine Buchanan will play and if Kirkpatrick is fit maybe he will be played as well. With a six pointer coming up on Saturday it is important that everyone in the squad is given a chance to prove themselves.

Weather hasn't been too bad in Clydebank so not sure what it's like in Dumbarton. Club were hopeful that the park was playable if there was no further rain. Failing any worsening of conditions between now and kick-off, I reckon the game will be on.

That said, a ref could look at the park, believe that it would be risky for players who couldn't control tackles or that the ball wasn't moving freely enough, and call it off.

With Brophy gone tonight could be a good opportunity to start macallum to give the lad ninety minutes to show how effective he is. With Saunders still out I imagine Buchanan will play and if Kirkpatrick is fit maybe he will be played as well. With a six pointer coming up on Saturday it is important that everyone in the squad is given a chance to prove themselves.

Weather's been pretty decent all day in Milngavie, warm as well.

I'd agree, lets give a few of the fringe players a run out tonight, see what they can do and give them a chance to stake a place for a first team position on Saturday.

M.Brown

Gallagher Barr Buchanan Waters

Cawley Kirkpatrick Routledge Docherty

McCallum Ross*

*If he even exists

Are Dumbarton that hard up that they need a game with St Mirren to be on? Desperate times down The Rock.

Considering we plucked two of your better players from you like candy from a baby, I'd say not.

Obviously if Saturday is postponed we will lose out on a fair whack through hospitality and match sponsorship etc. No brainer to want that to go ahead over an unprofitable Tuesday evening game with Alloa (nae offence).

Archived