Wigtown v Heston

Naming the referee on here when even Isis can see it is out of order. Referees are getting a hard enough time of it without getting slagged on here. Remember one thing. If there's no referee there's no game!!! Players need to get a grip and sort there own conduct out. That's (my opinion)

Naming the referee on here when even Isis can see it is out of order. Referees are getting a hard enough time of it without getting slagged on here. Remember one thing. If there's no referee there's no game!!! Players need to get a grip and sort there own conduct out. That's (my opinion)

You need to get a grip, go on to the south of Scotland website and it tells you the name of the ref that did the game so how's naming them on here any different?

Watched Billy ref for years, he should of stuck to boys games, that's his limit.

Both teams finished the game with 10 men. Both red cards during the game harsh, Heston's especially. Wigtown one was for a last man challenge. Probably just slightly mistimed from the boy who had been playing well and as soon as the ref gave the foul he had to send him off as the Heston was clean in on goal. didn't think the Heston one was a red, penalty and a yellow card would have been correct as there were plenty of players around the ball at the time of the challenge - I think the ref was happy to even the game up. The reds at the end of the game seemed to come from Heston scoring the winner in what must have been the 92nd or 93rd min when it should have been a free kick to Wigtown for a foul on the striker - who was instead given a yellow card for diving. After Heston scored, the ref said there was still a minute to play but blew the whistle after only about 20 seconds. Cue a host of angry Wigtown players up in his face and I think he just started flashing the red card to anyone who went near him. Not sure of the final red card total but I only saw 1 getting sent off after the game. I could easily have missed a few though!

Heard there was five, yes five sent of at Wigtown today either during or after the game. Anyone know what happened ?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was five, yes five red cards for Wigtown as they are terrible losers! Heston good for the 3pts with only 11 players available so I hear!!!

2 red cards... Not 5!! 3 red cards in total for the match!! Think we received 5 yellow cards so you may just have been misinformed

Both teams finished the game with 10 men. Both red cards during the game harsh, Heston's especially. Wigtown one was for a last man challenge. Probably just slightly mistimed from the boy who had been playing well and as soon as the ref gave the foul he had to send him off as the Heston was clean in on goal. didn't think the Heston one was a red, penalty and a yellow card would have been correct as there were plenty of players around the ball at the time of the challenge - I think the ref was happy to even the game up. The reds at the end of the game seemed to come from Heston scoring the winner in what must have been the 92nd or 93rd min when it should have been a free kick to Wigtown for a foul on the striker - who was instead given a yellow card for diving. After Heston scored, the ref said there was still a minute to play but blew the whistle after only about 20 seconds. Cue a host of angry Wigtown players up in his face and I think he just started flashing the red card to anyone who went near him. Not sure of the final red card total but I only saw 1 getting sent off after the game. I could easily have missed a few though!

Our red was just a slip as may players had been doing so it's unfortunate for him!! Their red card felt like it was a case of I've made a mistake there so I'll even it up here!! Both could've (and probably should've) been yellow cards...

As for post match!! There was one red card... A straight red!! No one actually knows why and as the player in question didn't actually have a go at the referee or anything like that!! He was one of the better behaved players!! One yellow card was defo handed out too and there may have been more yellows but there were no more reds!!

I don't think the referee helped by the way he tried to defuse the situation however but these things happen!!

11 reds in 5 games I believe is Billy's record of late so it seems to be getting a little silly now!!

As for the actual game!! It was a game which neither team deserved to lose and both deserved to win but credit to Heston for capitalizing on a what opportunities were presented to them and well done to them on the 3 points... Any result was fair tbh so well done to them and all the best to them with the rest of their season...

Archived