Falkirk v Fraserburgh

RC55 FFC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made ridiculously hard work of that - our usual go 1-0 up and then play completely pedestrian football.

Ryan Blair looked completely lost out there, I've been really disappointed in him.

Well played Fraserburgh, really well organised in midfield if a little panicky at the back at times. 4-1 wasn't a fair reflection on the game, 2-0 would have been fair. Looked like the fans had a great time though!

Sticks out like a sore thumb in the development league.....Im beginning to think it might be nerves as he is so assured on the ball usually

Horrible day, the game wasnt much better, fair play to the boys with Sibbs moving in the centre and showing more impetus.

Pleased for Miller getting the hat-trick and O'Hara getting some game time, he looks a hell of a prospect and wont be far from claiming a regular spot soon.

Fair mention to the Fraserburgh fans, who at times were better watching than the game

Start of the second half was a disgrace from the players, Smith should have been on 10 minutes earlier IMO.

Star of the second half? Thought we started well in the second half. First half was fairly brutal though.

We really made hard work of that! Goal aside we were fairly poor in the first half extremely slow in possession with no real urgency in our play.

Second half was a lot better and if our final ball was better we would've won by quite a few more. Was a poor goal to lose simple ball through the middle of the defence and keeper looked dodgy as f**k.

As has been said I was very disappointed with Ryan Blair was a big chance for him to really push for a starting place but he was shite. Didn't take any responsibly on the ball and his passing was poor. Keeper didn't have much to do but didn't inspire confidence.

Obviously Miller played really well again took all his goals well and didn't lose a header with a lot of clever flick ins as well. Sinnamon looked good and Sibbald was brilliant as usual.

Fair play to the Fraserburgh fans, cracking support down. More than a good few Championship teams have brought to us this season. Some scenes when they got the equaliser.

Edit:

Was really impressed with O'Hara as well when he came on. Was unlucky not to score and done well to set up Millers third, he looks to have a decent turn of pace on him. Hopefully we see more of him as the season goes on. And good to see Tony Gallacher make his debut. 16 years and 4 months he must be close to being our youngest player?

I must have missed Sibbald being brilliant. Thought he was lazy and pretty wasteful on the ball overall.

Finished the game strongly but that was the least he could do.

Vaults wasn't much better, goal aside.

Too many of the players rocked up to play today thinking it was going to be done and dusted by HT.

Thought Miller did really well and took his goals well also. It just wasn't Baird's day sadly. O'Hara looked sharp and can't wait to see more of him.

As mentioned, fair play to the Fraserburgh fans who travelled and backed their team.

FFC fiddling the numbers again? Looked more than was given as the attendance, although it always feels more when your sitting amongst it.

Into the next round and move on.

I thought Blair was ok tbh. Nothing great but did all that was asked of him and was no worse than the rest of the midfield.

Thought Sinammon did ok and O'Hara looked good too when he came on.

It was a pretty dire day in which to try to play good football but we had some decent passages of play at times. I think I'd be inclined to go with that back 4 on a regular basis too.

Sticks out like a sore thumb in the development league.....Im beginning to think it might be nerves as he is so assured on the ball usually

Horrible day, the game wasnt much better, fair play to the boys with Sibbs moving in the centre and showing more impetus.

Pleased for Miller getting the hat-trick and O'Hara getting some game time, he looks a hell of a prospect and wont be far from claiming a regular spot soon.

Fair mention to the Fraserburgh fans, who at times were better watching than the game

I watched him for 10 or 15 minutes today and the entire game was passing him by. He didn't seem to know his position, and was caught ball watching several times. His passing was weak as well. Disappointing but I don't think he's got the qualities necessary for a holding midfield role.

I must have missed Sibbald being brilliant. Thought he was lazy and pretty wasteful on the ball overall.

Finished the game strongly but that was the least he could do.

Vaults wasn't much better, goal aside.

Too many of the players rocked up to play today thinking it was going to be done and dusted by HT.

Thought Miller did really well and took his goals well also. It just wasn't Baird's day sadly. O'Hara looked sharp and can't wait to see more of him.

As mentioned, fair play to the Fraserburgh fans who travelled and backed their team.

FFC fiddling the numbers again? Looked more than was given as the attendance, although it always feels more when your sitting amongst it.

Into the next round and move on.

Its probably accurate, its just at league games we count season tickets whether they'r there or not. so 3500 could be more like 2500

I watched him for 10 or 15 minutes today and the entire game was passing him by. He didn't seem to know his position, and was caught ball watching several times. His passing was weak as well. Disappointing but I don't think he's got the qualities necessary for a holding midfield role.

He's the main man in the development team, shows skills that show he's a prospect but showing it in an environment where results don't matter to some extent to where results do he hasn't yet transferred that over, whereas Ohara ticks all boxes in his brief sub appearances, I for one think we have a real star in waiting in Ohara and hopefully Blair too

On a hiding to nothing today, so fair play to the team for getting a well deserved result. The clowns who booed the team at half time, should either stay in the house or support a team who do everything 100% all the time

Wee mention to Fraserburgh. Your fans looked as if they enjoyed their day; like every football fan should in that position. Even had your minute of glory from our incompetence. In cup games, only one thing matters

And good to see Tony Gallacher make his debut. 16 years and 4 months he must be close to being our youngest player?

From a bit of googling it looks like Gary Gillespie has the record, 16 and less than 2 months.

Best information seems to be on http://www.falkirk-football-history.co.uk/ - also suggests there may have been a 15yo back in 18-something

Archived