Scores & scorers 21st Nov

Larky55

Muirkirk probably deserved to get the draw at tayport with their keeper keeping them in the tie late on.

Same ref as I had at east craigie v Thornton in last round and he was excellent again.

great to hear a fan saying other team deserved a draw,and the ref was excellent.well done to both teams,wee run down to sunny ayrshire next week for tayport,great set up at muirkirk enjoy your day.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellshill Athletic 1 (Simpson) Rutherglen Glencairn 3 (Cullen, McLaughlin (penalty), McGuire).

Pictures and full match report to follow.

good result. Might have 2 change my view on ur relegation!

Went and took in the lie and pace game today and I must admit I wasn't disappointed. Great game to watch I think the 4-1 result to an extent could maybe flatter arthurlie. The first half it was all arthurlie but all the done was knock it side to side and try the diagonal ball every third pass. Was really pleased when dunipace went 1-0 up to see what arthurlie would do. They were fortunate to get an equaliser straight away question marks about the pace keeper.. And then I think it was the boy mcgregor correct me if I'm wrong for arthurlie who scored a belter of a free kick into the top corner to take it 2-1 into half time. Second half and arthurlie started bright couple of half chances and then a clear penalty for arthurlie following a silly tackle from a pace defender. Penalty converted and it looked nothing but uphill battle for dunipace who seem to be inspired by going 3-1 down ended up having a solid 20 minutes display making arthurlie look like the district first team and just couldn't get the goal that the pressure deserved speaking to a few lie fans who agreed arthurlie where no where to be seen. When arthurlie decided to start playing again and forcing the young pace keeper into a few cracking saves down to both corners from there on it it was all arthurlie who ended up scoring there fourth goal. Delighted with the game from a neutral point. Don't understand how dunipace are sitting where they are sitting with there display in the second half today. Just thought I would give my opinion as a neutral.

Pumpherston 2 Lochgelly Albert 1

Another hard fought victory for Pumphy.Pumphy shaded it first half Albert keeper pulling off a couple of decent saves.Albert took the lead after the break though, but back came Pumphy and it was substitute and new signing Liam Forbes who equalised shortly after coming onto the park.Pumphy snatched the winner with around ten minutes to go a great cross into the box was headed home from 18 year old Liam Magee to snatch all 3 points.Both sides finished with ten men and Albert were denied a penalty in injury time by the referee.

Shettleston 0- Glenafton 2

Result doesn't really give a true reflection of today's game.

Pretty even in the opening period with both teams having chances.

Shettleston played some nice one touch football and the big striker Anson looked a handful.

Glens missed a pen after a deliberate hand ball, with home centre half being dismissed. Andrews effort well saved by Halliwell.

Glens then got a second pen, Hay scoring to give glens the lead.

In the second half another Shettleston dismissal for a second booking, but from then on the 9 men worked incredibly hard and created a few chances.

As a glens fan delighted with the result but the ref did us a few favours today, particularly with a hand ball incident at 1-0 where we were lucky to get away with it.

Glens then scored with the last kick of the game to seal the win but it wasn't as plain sailing as the result suggests.

First visit to the club and enjoyed my day, still room for improvement in my teams performance as its not always great to watch but the three points are priority at the end of the day.

Though Jamie Hay was excellent in centre midfield and the energy of Ally Park always gave us an outlet.

Roll on 28 points!

Dundee North End 2 Carluke 0. Deserved win for North End. Carluke created plenty of chances, notably in the first half but they left their shooting boots at home. The visitors had two men sent off in the dying minutes. Their number 11 was lucky to last that long.

Shettleston 0- Glenafton 2

Result doesn't really give a true reflection of today's game.

Pretty even in the opening period with both teams having chances.

Shettleston played some nice one touch football and the big striker Anson looked a handful.

Glens missed a pen after a deliberate hand ball, with home centre half being dismissed. Andrews effort well saved by Halliwell.

Glens then got a second pen, Hay scoring to give glens the lead.

In the second half another Shettleston dismissal for a second booking, but from then on the 9 men worked incredibly hard and created a few chances.

As a glens fan delighted with the result but the ref did us a few favours today, particularly with a hand ball incident at 1-0 where we were lucky to get away with it.

Glens then scored with the last kick of the game to seal the win but it wasn't as plain sailing as the result suggests.

First visit to the club and enjoyed my day, still room for improvement in my teams performance as its not always great to watch but the three points are priority at the end of the day.

Though Jamie Hay was excellent in centre midfield and the energy of Ally Park always gave us an outlet.

Roll on 28 points!

Fair assessment of the game pal...but personally I dont think 1st penalty is a deliberate hand ball...the ball is struck with some power and the player doesn't intentionally move his hand to ball so never a red card.he was told it was a for denying a goal scoring opportunity but there were atleast 1 player behind him....I would agree with you regarding Hay...was my man of the match

Archived