East Stirlingshire v Montrose

This game's a total sell out and the papers can't stop talking about it. Glad I got my ticket months ago.

Shire have done OK recently at Ochilview, since the callow embarrassment of a 0-4 home defeat to those mutants from down the road. They are a funny team. The Shire that lost at Links Park is the worst league side I have seen in years, but still we only won 2-1 in that game. Moreover, in home wins against QP and Elgin recently, they have shown they are capable of some good results.

We have been atrocious since the Berwick victory, shipping 11 goals and suffering two of the most embarrassing defeats in the club's history...at home in the cup, and making the Spiders look like Real Madrid on Tuesday night.

The immobile umbrella stand that we borrowed from Hearts (I assume this is Hearts from Edinburgh rather than Kelty Hearts) to play at centre half can go back. Allan and Pascazio must play together at the back. I would bring Campbell back to play up front alongside Fraser- i presume whatever point was being made by dropping him on Tuesday night, has been made. Failing that, a run out for young Kyle McLeod or Dale Reid would be welcome- whilst we have so many injuries the young lads have to be agiven their chance.

I would also change the goalkeeper if it were possible. But that isn't.

Shire will, with some right on their side, feel this is a good time to play us and get off the bottom of the table. But for our own reasons we must, somehow, keep them there. I would take a point today as a good result given the state we are in.

2 goals directly from the goalkeepers inability to command his box/catch the ball, Montrose never really threatened apart from a header and the goal which was a great strike.

Got to worry for them with the goalie who is evidently out of form and confidence, and especially with that bombscare of a centre half in front of him.

Rotten again. I assume we *have* to play that bomb scare from Hearts as a condition of his loan. If that's how it is then we should terminate the loan immediately. A dreadful "footballer".

We also urgently need another keeper if Millar is out for a while. Questions also have to be asked of Jim "Fingers" Butter as Gk coach. We are now relying on a substandard keeper who can't catch a ball with a 50 year old Dundee plumber on the bench as back up. Embarrassing.

Shire weren't any great shakes but worked harder than us and had a better shape about them. The defense is being ruined by a genuinely appalling loan player who seems to have to play come what may.

I also wonder what Dale Reid and Jordan Reoch have to do to get a game. If the manager has no intention of playing them then why did he sign them?

Yes we are suffering from injuries to key players but that cannot be hidden behind as an excuse. We have better players on the bench or even in the stands who have to be given a shot.

Shire worked hard today and our shortcomings did the rest. This is Hegarty's first full blown crisis as manager and so far he is not handling it well.

Get rid of that utter haddy from Hearts, sign another keeper and give Reid and Reoch a chance. They really cannot be worse than the pish we are having to watch at present.

We are up against it with injuries but we have to be doing much, much better with what we have. The team looks disjointed and full of anxieties presently. In a tight league, these are things we cannot afford. We have been utterly rotten since the Berwick game and we need these problems sorted-fast.

I take it the hearts lad was centre half again today?If so then hegarty and holt need a kick up the arse two honking games and he still gets a game!we realy need the centre of midfield sorted out aswell it's clear it's not working with Curran and malin.Not good enough at present from montrose do we go for more loan signings or give dale Reid,Jordan Reoch etc a chance onlybtime will tell,one thing for sure these next two home games we need at least 4 points.

Good to see young Cairnie get his first senior goal today. Has he done well for you - 'shire fans?

Yes indeed he has. Great player - doing really well.

The shire have played better and lost this season, but our attitude and work ethic was spot on today, none more so than mckenna and Wright. They ran themselves into the ground. Mckenna was suffering from flu symptoms too!

Montrose are the worst league 2 team I've seen this season - by a country mile..

Wasn't a pretty game,

infact it was Baltic which seemed to make it last longer than it did, but I would support what has been said before. Montrose keeper sold the jerseys with two horrible mistakes and the centre defence looked like a couple of trialists they found in the crowd before the game.

We did enough to win and keep up a very impressive home record.

Hegarty, please stop the horror show now.

I was prepared to give the Hearts loanee the benefit of the doubt for a shakey start on Tuesday night but coupled with our keeper's fragility, the current arrangement is a total liability.

I don't know what's going on in the loan player's head but he doesn't look like he's got his mind on doing the job in hand. If that's the case then he's doing nobody a favour by showing up in the team. He must have shown some sign of having ability or he wouldn't be with Hearts but if he's got issues, then shipping him off to us to sort him out certainly doesn't seem to be helping.

Combined with the goalkeeper situation - not good at all. One game away from bottom of the league (if we leak enough goals) and a horrible, horrible feeling of deja vu.

Wasn't there today. Spoke to a few of the injured players on Tuesday night. Few look like they will be back in the next few weeks. Millar could be back this week only long term one seems to be Steeves

I hope millar is back in the sticks soon and it would be great to see Paul watson aswell.Terry masson should be fit soon aswell.

Archived