Have you had your breakfast yet, what did you have?

Grim O'Grady

English

Eggs, bacon, pork / beef sausages, grilled tomato, baked beans, mushrooms, sauteed potatoes, fried bread or hash browns and often enough a bit of black pudding nicked from the Scots.

Scottish

Oats, eggs, bacon, black pudding, white pudding, haggis, pork or beef sausages, grilled tomato, haddock, smoked salmon and griddle scones.

Now you've got my gander, black puddin was no nicked fae the Scots, it was nicked fae my birthplace, ya thievering c***s! Possibly I may concede yous had it fae brekky first, it was more of a teatime delicacy whencst I were a lad wi mustard & salted boiled spuds.

Grimbo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then a zinc and orange vitamin tablet that you dissolve in water. Tea, Weetabix with honey on top. More tea accompanied by toast and jam.

Yer maw is currently doing the walk of shame, tottering down the street in her high heels.

Yer maw.

Then a zinc and orange vitamin tablet that you dissolve in water. Tea, Weetabix with honey on top. More tea accompanied by toast and jam.

Yer maw is currently doing the walk of shame, tottering down the street in her high heels.

Did she not taste a little burnt?

Grimbo

Now you've got my gander, black puddin was no nicked fae the Scots, it was nicked fae my birthplace, ya thievering c***s! Possibly I may concede yous had it fae brekky first, it was more of a teatime delicacy whencst I were a lad wi mustard & salted boiled spuds.

Grimbo

I think that meant it was pinched from the full Scottish breakfast.

Black Pudding is from Bury? Bury hosts the annual World Black Pudding Throwing Championships

I think that meant it was pinched from the full Scottish breakfast.

Black Pudding is from Bury? Bury hosts the annual World Black Pudding Throwing Championships

Yes I conceded the breakfast point mid-post, but it was too late to start again.

I like potato scones but not fried, they must be toasted & lightly dairy free spreaded.with a cup of tea.

Grimbo,

Eta the cup of tea is an accompaniment not a spread.

English

Eggs, bacon, pork / beef sausages, grilled tomato, baked beans, mushrooms, sauteed potatoes, fried bread or hash browns and often enough a bit of black pudding nicked from the Scots.

Scottish

Oats, eggs, bacon, black pudding, white pudding, haggis, pork or beef sausages, grilled tomato, haddock, smoked salmon and griddle scones.

You could have added the Ulster Fry for a wider comparison.

I

Grimbo

No it wasn't - just about every part of Europe has had black pudding for centuries, made according to various local recipes. Nobody cares about the north of England's latest scramble for relevance.

Didn't have breakfast but had an early lunch of smoked duck with a salad and a large glass of White Rioja.

Would have liked some crusty bread but instead settled for a 'buttery' (rowie to some) left over from yesterday. It went with everything surprisingly well.

I

No it wasn't - just about every part of Europe has had black pudding for centuries, made according to various local recipes. Nobody cares about the north of England's latest scramble for relevance.

It's black pudding, not eggs.

Archived