New badge for Ayr

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ayr were to stick two fingers up to the Lord Lyon and continue using the current badge regardless, what would happen to them

They would be prosecuted in the Lyon Court. Once found guilty they would be subject to a fine of £100 per day and the Lord Lyon's Procurator Fiscal could send out the "Dingers Doon" to destroy the unregistered arms where they see them (cover your tattoo's Ayr fans).

They would be prosecuted in the Lyon Court. Once found guilty they would be subject to a fine of £100 per day and the Lord Lyon's Procurator Fiscal could send out the "Dingers Doon" to destroy the unregistered arms where they see them (cover your tattoo's Ayr fans).

It might take a bigger club than Ayr to do it, but some civil disobedience would be tempting. Refuse to pay and dare the Lord Lyon to send the heavies in to enforce a 400 year old law. That would give the issue wider exposure and be more likely to force a change.

Tracey said in the Scotsman they are looking for talented graphic designer's in our fanbase.

I am below average so I am out.

Maybe you guys should ask Martin (MRF-LCC-RFC). Going by his signature, something no one else on the site is even remotely capable of producing, I'd say he is one of your best hopes of a decent new badge 8)

Don't forget the stained glass windows.

Archived