Accies v Dons - Sunday 22nd November

Maybe it's because I'm in another country, but I haven't heard anyone go on about Taylor's distribution except for Aberdeen's resident pessimist.

Tough game, this, and would have obviously preferred no break for the internationals so we could start building some momentum immediately, but nothing suggests we can't go back up the road with three points here. I read there's a couple of doubts but Deek is hopeful for a full-strength squad, and after a pretty poor first half against United the team started to play some real football. Any argument for changing the starting XI from a fortnight ago? Think it would be fine to stick with it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's because I'm in another country, but I haven't heard anyone go on about Taylor's distribution except for Aberdeen's resident pessimist.

Tough game, this, and would have obviously preferred no break for the internationals so we could start building some momentum immediately, but nothing suggests we can't go back up the road with three points here. I read there's a couple of doubts but Deek is hopeful for a full-strength squad, and after a pretty poor first half against United the team started to play some real football. Any argument for changing the starting XI from a fortnight ago? Think it would be fine to stick with it.

I'd like to see McGinn in for Pawlett. He's our best player and he should be playing. Other than that, continuity should remain.

Pawlett had a good game against United though, maybe he just needs a run of games?

Pawlett on top form is unplayable for generic SPFL fodder.

Been a while mind you....

Pawlett had a good game against United though, maybe he just needs a run of games?

Pawlett on top form is unplayable for generic SPFL fodder.

Been a while mind you....

He's so lightweight though. He had a few good touches and got past his man sometimes but was brushed off by stronger players. You have to worry against bruisers like MacKinnon in midfield that he won't get the space he needs.

Daily Record reporting that Accies will be wearing the France strip tomorrow un tribute to those who died in the terror attacks. Perhaps I'm being cynical but I find it quite embarrassing that we're using a tragedy as a PR stunt.

Daily Record reporting that Accies will be wearing the France strip tomorrow un tribute to those who died in the terror attacks. Perhaps I'm being cynical but I find it quite embarrassing that we're using a tragedy as a PR stunt.

I agree. Smacks of attention seeking, "look at us, aren't we something!". No doubt media will be full of praise.

Agreed. Really strange.

That was exactly my thoughts. He chose to leave to pursue a regular game.

Cammy Smith will be the next decent youngster to leave for similar reasons. I like Nicky, but he was right to try his hand elsewhere, if Smith can't break into the firsts this season, he should do the same.

It's a shame as I really rate him. He's too good to be playing in the development team. He could add something to many squads in Scotland.

I'd like to see McGinn in for Pawlett. He's our best player and he should be playing. Other than that, continuity should remain.

Disagree he is our best player but he is a good player when he is up for the game. Sadly against Celtic he let himself down with his performance and desire so deserved to be dropped. I do think our team has better balance with McGinn in the wide position. A Rumour is Jack is out for a month and our manager did say he is worried about a couple of players but didn't mention them so maybe both will play if that info is correct.

He's so lightweight though. He had a few good touches and got past his man sometimes but was brushed off by stronger players. You have to worry against bruisers like MacKinnon in midfield that he won't get the space he needs.

Pawlett can be frustrating, but I think he worth's persevering with. In the biggest wins of 13/14 (St J LC s/f, United away Hogmanay, SC win at Parkhead, win at home to CFC) he was the difference. Despite a great points total last term, we couldn't win the key cup and league games, and in more than a few, he didn't play.

A damn shame this game is on a Sunday lunchtime, murder time for football. Would be nice to play Accies away on a Saturday at 3pm.

Team wise, if Del has the first 11 from last game fit and healthy, he'll likely keep the same again. The only change I'd advocate is McGinn in for McLean, purely to offer more width and direct running on the right. Certainly would want to keep Pawlett in the team, he had a fine game against United, as did Hayes, Flood and Shinnie.

Haven't seen a great deal of Accies this season, we laboured past them at Pittodrie, but I imagine they will be setup to play direct, quick football. With Reynolds back, hopefully we will be less susceptible to that type of game than we were up in Dingwall.

A good game in store and I will predict a 2-1 win for The Famous, Rooney and Pawlett, Nade for Accies.

A damn shame this game is on a Sunday lunchtime, murder time for football. Would be nice to play Accies away on a Saturday at 3pm.

Team wise, if Del has the first 11 from last game fit and healthy, he'll likely keep the same again. The only change I'd advocate is McGinn in for McLean, purely to offer more width and direct running on the right. Certainly would want to keep Pawlett in the team, he had a fine game against United, as did Hayes, Flood and Shinnie.

Haven't seen a great deal of Accies this season, we laboured past them at Pittodrie, but I imagine they will be setup to play direct, quick football. With Reynolds back, hopefully we will be less susceptible to that type of game than we were up in Dingwall.

A good game in store and I will predict a 2-1 win for The Famous, Rooney and Pawlett, Nade for Accies.

I have train tickets booked tomorrow for Glasgow as I'm going down for a few days to see a number of gigs. When they moved this game it seemed good to start with as I thought I could catch an earlier train and head along to Hamilton for the game. However it is not possible to get a train from Aberdeen to Glasgow that arrives in time. Bloody joke.

Archived