Montrose v Queens park

mo83

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose will score first, we'll equalise, McGeever will miss 2 free headers from 5 yards and we'll lose 2-1.

What a way to shut me up!

6 goals and not one scored by a striker. Incredible stuff from the players.

Gus saying they never arrived until half an hour before kick off too.

Love it.

just you concentrate on beaten Annan on saturday, Because the way things are going right now and the way we are playing now you boys will be be bottom of the pile come Saturday tea time!!!

just you concentrate on beaten Annan on saturday, Because the way things are going right now and the way we are playing now you boys will be be bottom of the pile come Saturday tea time!!!

Fantastic. Hopefully that'll give us a shake up. Imagine we will still comfortably finish above the sinking ship that is Montrose FC by the time May comes around.

Fantastic. Hopefully that'll give us a shake up. Imagine we will still comfortably finish above the sinking ship that is Montrose FC by the time May comes around.

Sadly I think that might be true if we don't pick up soon. After a promising start, we have had a horrendous run of injuries to a pretty threadbare squad and are now on a slippery downward slope.

Its Realy cute how much you like Montrose football club....I like it :shutup

v.bad tonight. Defence torn apart. Attack toothless. Midfield not much in evidence. Poor in every department. Some may have been worse than others but overall can't begin to analyse that performance rationally. There must be lessons to learn but I just want to forget all about it.

Credit to Q.P. they went about the task of demolishing the crumbling edifice with some degree of (and I know they won't like me saying this) "professionalism".

v.bad tonight. Defence torn apart. Attack toothless. Midfield not much in evidence. Poor in every department. Some may have been worse than others but overall can't begin to analyse that performance rationally. There must be lessons to learn but I just want to forget all about it.

Credit to Q.P. they went about the task of demolishing the crumbling edifice with some degree of (and I know they won't like me saying this) "professionalism".

Montrose were poor all over the park last night. Keeper had a nightmare at fault for at least 3 of the goals with poor catching and his positioning for free kicks. Boy from hearts was shocking if he didn't miss the header by 5 feet he headed it up in the air or booted it into the crowd. Nothing in midfield. Not even a shot on target. It shows how much the team struggle when 6 of the first team who would start are missing. At the back when they had Millar, gre, Matty and Steeves they looked solid and very hard to beat. Hopefully they will all be fit soon.

From a Montrose perspective there were no highlights. Such was the team's ineptitude, we made a competent third division side look like world beaters.

Noble and courteous in defeat. Not to worry, it's a whoors-knickers of a league so you've plenty of time to win/reach play-offs/get relegated/beat Arbroath (delete as appropriate).

Terrific win. Well done to all involved. Including travelling fans.

HD - haven't seen the goals (first game I've missed so it looks like it was all my fault) but you're surely not that old yet? :lol:

HD - haven't seen the goals (first game I've missed so it looks like it was all my fault) but you're surely not that old yet? :lol:

Home just before 1.00am and up again for work at 5.15. Felt verra, verra old at work yesterday. Not my most productive day. And I certainly couldn't have managed any sex yesterday either....not that it's on offer at work, you understand.

Fifth time I've ever photographed Queens Park - two play off semi final legs (both wins for the Spiders) - Play off final second leg win to secure promotion - win over Dundee in league cup and now a 6-1 away win - they should be paying me to do it ;)

Very impressed with them - least said about Montrose's performance the better - it's obvious they are missing a good few through injury

Here's some pics from the match http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/17-11-2015-Montrose-v-Queens-Park/G0000dZpeIvum_Cg/

Archived