Would you accept an apology...?

Would you accept an apology from The Rangers?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, as the title says if Dave (glib and shameless) King stood on the steps of the asbesto-dome and admitted that the old liquidated, dead Rangers cheated to gain a sporting advantage, and he would have to use the words "we cheated" would you accept this as a full and final resolution and we could "move on" which seems to be the phrase of the month.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, as the title says if Dave (glib and shameless) King stood on the steps of the asbesto-dome and admitted that the latests incarnation of the Rangers franchise cheated to gain a sporting advantage, and he would have to use the words "we cheated" would you accept this as a full and final resolution and we could "move on" which seems to be the phrase of the month.

Yes.....Move on to addressing the cheating that they had now admitted to.

Saying sorry does not adequately address the issue.

So, as the title says if Dave (glib and shameless) King stood on the steps of the asbesto-dome and admitted that the latests incarnation of the Rangers franchise cheated to gain a sporting advantage, and he would have to use the words "we cheated" would you accept this as a full and final resolution and we could "move on" which seems to be the phrase of the month.

Do you not mean "previous"?

Or do you have evidence that the new lot are at it, too?

And "No", is my answer, on the basis you are talking about oldco/club/thingy.

I would be happy to accept an apology and move on. Compromise requires a bit of give in both directions. The apology should come from a number of people, including those who benefitted from the cheating regime. Step forward messrs Smith, McLeish and McCoist. I believe McLeish has already proffered a figurative hand - unfortunately in the form of a right hook....

If they've cheated, and I genuinely believe they have, then their titles should be stripped a la Armstrong, Johnson, Green etc.

I wouldn't give the titles to anyone else, but just have the records show "No title awarded" or *Rangers (found to have fielded ineligible players, or whatever the appropriate wording for their cheating is).

An apology would help, but we're not going to get that, because that would be an admission of guilt, and they know the possible consequences of their admitting their guilt.

Also, apologies tend to come from a position of humility and shame - not attributes I'd associate with either manifestation of the Ibrox-based team/club/company.

Edited for poor spelling

Archived