Berwick v Clyde

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by stats their keeper let in every shot on target! That's a wee run of 12 goals in three games.

Leaky defences are usually fairly safe when we turn up but nice to see us push some of them over for a change.

Well done to those that saw the Gormley show today.

Was Halkett marking Gormley?

Oh dear. I know it's easy to say, but after some discussion with other fans who have been round the block once or twice, I'm happy to say that was the worst display - in terms of football quality - I've ever seen from a Berwick team.

Credit to Clyde who looked sharp (and to Gormley who was class) but at Berwick we need to look at our own inadequacies.

This was the same team who reportedly looked good at Annan last week. Maybe after one good showing they got complacent, but down to earth with a shattering bang.

Notman and perhaps Beveridge get pass marks, but after that you can only talk about the inadequacy competition the rest were involved in.

Every pass was slow or inaccurate. Nobody - in 90 minutes - was off the mark quicker than the nearest Clyde player. There were schoolboy cock ups at the back, and the most feeble, piss poor displays in history up front from Lavery and the utterly clueless Henderson.

We are bottom of the league, and Coughlin must be aghast at the rubbish he has inherited.

Not only is the Lowland League beckoning, the teams in that league will be looking forward to 6 easy points.

So what can Coff do? Well, he has to find a defence a midfield and an attack. Simple! I think some of these players are good enough, but some very very clearly are not.

Dreadful performance... plus: when was the last time we lost by 5 goals at home? how many time has it ever happened?... which coupled with news of us dropping to the bottom of the table sent shivers of relegation fears running around my part of the stand. First time I recall people really talking about it as if it could happen, rather than just as a hypothetical concept, which is alarming.

Not really worth analysing the performance. Total rubbish with no redeeming feature whatsoever. It also tells you something when the opposition when 3-0 / 4-0 up with 10min left are showing more desire and energy than we were early-doors at 0-0 or 0-1.No game next week, and clearly no bounce for the new manager.

Shocking, appalling result.

Would like confirmation if Berwick do highlights. Would be nice to prove to the doubters in the shed that if you run past defenders you cant be offside! 2 yards off they said lol

Great result obviously, but I was actually worried at half time. Gormleys cracking strike aside, we seemed to be struggling, as Berwick's awfulness actually brought us down, and they were absolutely destroying any chance of quality in the game, along with the referee who seemed to not particularly like Gormley and awarded him the square root of hee haw, when he was fouled certainly more than that by Berwicks two central defenders.

The early second goal - clearly onside by the way - saw Berwick change their formation, and as a result open the game up, which Gormley in particular destroying their back line. He set up Linton superbly, then saw two more fantastic strikes find the back of the net, even though his 4th and our 5th was a horrible goal keeping error.

Confidence is key, and we're full of it, but now i'm gutted there's no game next week to keep up momentum.

The Clyde players were first to practically every ball, and frequently muscled it back in midfield. Gormley was on top form. The first half was fairly even and Berwick had some chances, but they seemed to lose heart quickly in the second half. We were maybe tiring a bit at 3-0, but BF brought on Murray and Campbell for Marsh and Ferguson (who seemed pretty despondent about his performance) and we finished strongly.

Can't emphasise enough how well Gormley especially played today.

Great stuff, just a pity there weren't more folk there to enjoy it.

Archived