Albion Rovers vs Pars

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question - work out the common factor in the following two equations:

DY + SC = League 2 Champions.

DY + BS = Best start to a campaign in League 1.

If only the answer was that simple Shakey. Darren has done a terrific job and is definitely a significant part of various factors surrounding our success- let's not forget the war chest we had after the Scottish cup run which is now long gone. Young said this year he would concentrate on signing quality rather than quantity.

Personally I don't know what he sees in Barrowman, Willis and Davidson but I don't buy in like some fans do that the selection policy is unfair as Young would have had himself back in the team long ago.

A superb strike indeed - 99 times out of 100 that would landed at Coatdyke cross- deco my goal of the season so far. On the downside the goal we conceded was pretty poor - either Barrowman or Willis ball watching also it was in the 6 yard box which would normally demand a challenge from the keeper.

A superb strike indeed - 99 times out of 100 that would landed at Coatdyke cross- deco my goal of the season so far. On the downside the goal we conceded was pretty poor - either Barrowman or Willis ball watching also it was in the 6 yard box which would normally demand a challenge from the keeper.

technically an own goal also - for the Dunfermline goal. It was Barrowman btw - would say the keeper did the right thing with the speed of the cross.

I don't know the relationship between Young and his assistants although we do know that one of the Directors is also his boss outside football. But it's working and that's what matters. As Snuffy asks, I would jalouse that Barrowman is ahead of Gemmell for reasons other than football contribution. But the manager's getting results with his selection which perhaps, he fears, he wouldn't get with alternative personnel.

Can't understand why people are trying to look for issues about influence of Stark & Clark before him.

DY is a young gaffer, it would be foolish for him to bring in an expierenced assistant and then not take on board their advice & knowledge. That's not to say that DY doesn't have final say.

Only need to look at the shambles that is BF at Clyde , first job and brings Bob Malcolm .

His wee hissy fits could have been channel eked better if had a respected old head beside him.

Bringing in a good assistant is the sign of a clever manager not a weak one

I've just about thawed out from Saturday. Not a great game but I think we were a bit better than the Cowden game a few weeks back. Expected us to push on after we took the lead but Rovers scored an absolute peach of an equaliser. Thought they had the better of the half after that.

Second half was mostly us dominating the ball and Rovers looking dangerous on the break. Was half expecting to see them nab a late winner but I certainly don't feel we deserved to lose. That being said, we didn't create enough chances to say we definitely should have won. A disappointing result though and we lose further ground on Ayr, who have continued their superb run.

Pars fans seemed very restless at the game. Slack passing was met with a very hostile reaction and you'd have thought we were in a relegation battle with how angry some folk were getting. Faissal seems to be getting a bit of stick as well and while he's certainly off the boil at the moment, it's a tad harsh. The guys are clearly all trying hard and we're still picking up points despite not playing all that well. Hopefully it's just a small blip and we can get back to our best at Ayr on the 12th December.

Archived