Albion Rovers vs Pars

This is by no means an expectation but it's not outwith our reach. This unexpected result means we could lead the chasing pack and go 4 points clear of 5th place by Tuesday bedtime.

Josh Mullin doesn't get many goals but apparently when he does score it's invariably a belter. I vividly remember his last minute full-pitch run against Annan last year, and it sounds like those who made it today won't be forgetting this one in a hurry...

I too missed this game in favour of a very entertaining afternoon with the Movie Doctors, thinking today we might get the humbling defeat we're possibly due, but I gladly take missing a great result over being present at a bad one.

Best goal ever. Sorry. Hope it appears on youtube for you. Mullin great all game but just lacking the killer final ball.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was mullin your number 7? Very impressed by him, looked your most dangerous player by some way. We had enough good chances to win the game but yet again we're missing absolute sitters! hopkirk's open goal, wallace's free header in the 6 yard box, Moffat had a couple. Must improve drastically if we want anything from ayr in a couple weeks.

DAFC starting to feel the pressure - they havent done too much wrong but Ayr must be a lot better than I had anticipated.

To be fair Pars are starting to drop far too many silly points - and if they want to get up a play off slot is fraught with danger. A club of this size in Div 1 should be dominating the League. Hope they go out of Cup so that they are not distracted as they dont look good enough to be fighting on any more fronts.

Come on get a grip!!!!

A point wouldn't be the worse thing in the world, It's going to be one of those hard surfaces to play on, similar to central.

It is at least a bigger pitch though.

Plenty of other teams have found it hard going, Cowdenbeath have lost five times away from home this season while they've only lost once at home, it's a very, very small and compact pitch which also had a really poor surface the day we played, Cowdenbeath played to there advantages, sat the defence deep, kept there shape really well and made it a game of few chances.

We were shite for a reason, Cowdenbeath had a big say in that.

Ayr are going there in a couple of weeks, if Cowdenbeath can again hold there shape as well as they did then Ayr could also find it hard going unless they are really on top of there game.

Rovers have conceded the fewest amount of goals at home this season, have only lost one game and are a good team at this level in any case, a draw here would be alright.

Still stick by this tbh.

Pleased at this result - our 3-0 pumping at Cliftonhill seemed like an absolute disaster at the time - having seen Albion at Somerset in the challenge cup in July I thought they would be absolute whipping boys - proved very wrong!

Ayr will grind out wins in these games IMO.

Rovers thumped them 3-0 at Cliftonville, take out the games against each other and we have the exact same points as Ayr, the only difference is we've scored more and conceded less, Ayr are top due to there fantastic result against us, they've "dropped" the exact same points as us outwith that though.

Why you're having a breakdown is anyone's guess.

Rovers thumped them 3-0 at Cliftonville, take out the games against each other and we have the exact same points as Ayr, the only difference is we've scored more and conceded less, Ayr are top due to there fantastic result against us, they've "dropped" the exact same points as us outwith that though.

Why you're having a breakdown is anyone's guess.

No wonder Ayr got beat going to Belfast instead of Coatbridge.

We won't though, for one it's in the cup and that doesn't effect the the league in the slightest, even if we get beat in the league game will that be it over?call it quits and not bother?

Known where we're from as "doing an Arbroath".

If we can't even attempt to equal the passing game of a part time team with crowds of a few hundred we might as well call it quits.

Only one team tried to play today. Total embarrassment and a waste of money and resources.

It's not one game, four or five now. Ayr will fucking destroy that midfield. I say midfield, there wasn't one today.

No need for that yet, we've proved we can play well but we have stopped doing everything that made us so good earlier in the season.

I don't mean any disrespect to Rovers, absolutely brilliant to get that level of performance from the resources you have. Playing some nice stuff on a difficult pitch.

It might come good if we stop playing long balls but I don't even want to watch that turgid rubbish again until it changes. No more away games for me.

Utter shite pars.

Archived