Ayr v Airdrie

shug

As I understand it there's a mix of Ayr stewards and stewards employed by a security firm work at Somerset. The version of events that I am led to believe and are backed up by a few of the security firm stewards that I spoke with is that 2 of the Ayr stewards were walking along the front of the enclosure and 1 of them pointed at 1 of the Airdrie boys and gave him the w****r sign. Needless to say the group of fans were incensed by this and made threats towards the steward in question. At this point, the 2 stewards entered the terracing to confront the group of fans at which point a scuffle ensued and one of the stewards ran and through a punch and one of the fans who can only be about 14 or 15.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll decide once i've received a bit more info, you need to remember, Moffat told me how would be top scorer. He knew all about betting back then ;)

He won't pay up. Same as the Airdire rocket that bet his house/slum that Lister would outscore Moffat.

Of course. However, if the Police were to take action, it doesn't need to be there and then.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't affect/bother me if they do/don't. I'm just pointing out that just because there was no arrests at the match, doesn't mean there couldn't be after. Both fans or stewards.

You've been given the turn of events several times but you fail to understand them. Pretty laughable that wee boys fight each other. Someone just mentioned elsewhere that the stewards were from the Excelsior Stadium!!!

If he's running to land a punch on someone, in what way does that make him a punchbag? It's common assault.

Because thats what started the rammy? the poor Airdrie fans were watching the game and a maniac steward appeared running from nowhere and cracked one of the fans?

The steward shouldn't be chinning a fan, but it didn't just happen out the blue for no reason, the steward is at his work and shouldn't be getting punched either, I am not even conceding a point because I, nor any Ayr fans were involved, if it had been Ayr fans I would have accepted that a steward didn't just start swinging punches for no reason.

Didn't see how it started, was a scuffle that seemed to mainly revolve around a steward and an Airdrie fan, with a lot of other pushing and shoving. It looked to be calming down when a steward walked over from about 30 yards away and punched one of the fans in the face. Said steward then disappeared from the stadium as far as I could tell, and the fans involved left at half time. Steward should be done for assault, the rest should be done for behaving like fannies.

On the game, we were a shambles. Bain should always start ahead of O'Neil, Prunty instead of Hunter, Watt's been poor for weeks yet still gets a game, midfield was non-existent. Numerous other issues which I can't be bothered going through. I reckon Bollan will get until Christmas to show he can get us in the top 4, if we're lower than 5th by then I wouldn't be surprised if he goes.

The steward who threw the punch came into the home end along with the steward who was attacked in the first place. I was chatting to them at half time.

According to the one who was set about he told them to stop acting like wee Fannie's and they took exception and went for Neanderthal tactics of using fists. Another 3 stewards were in and 2 police and still couldn't contain them. Then the hero runs in and floors a boy with a Roman Reins SUPERMAN PUNCH.

He won't pay up. Same as the Airdire rocket that bet his house/slum that Lister would outscore Moffat.

You've been given the turn of events several times but you fail to understand them. Pretty laughable that wee boys fight each other. Someone just mentioned elsewhere that the stewards were from the Excelsior Stadium!!!

No no, Pesadilla is a man of his word and paid to my charity that season.

Well, you're just a foaming mess, aren't you?

Didn't see how it started, was a scuffle that seemed to mainly revolve around a steward and an Airdrie fan, with a lot of other pushing and shoving. It looked to be calming down when a steward walked over from about 30 yards away and punched one of the fans in the face. Said steward then disappeared from the stadium as far as I could tell, and the fans involved left at half time. Steward should be done for assault, the rest should be done for behaving like fannies.

There was a steward being held on the ground and an Airdrie fan in a red jacket was booting in to him, the steward cracked one of the guys booting his pal.

The steward walked past the side terrace during half time and went to the police control room, presumably to make a statement or view CCTV and walked back round to the Airdrie end during the second half

But you continue with the rampaging steward flinging punches at random innocent bystanders theory.

Th

Police dealt with the steward who assaulted the fan I would assume he'll get the jail and lose his job we know his name he will get his justice airdrie fans only attacked the stewards because he attacked a fan first

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

There was a steward being held on the ground and an Airdrie fan in a red jacket was booting in to him, the steward cracked one of the guys booting his pal.

The steward walked past the side terrace during half time and went to the police control room, presumably to make a statement or view CCTV and walked back round to the Airdrie end during the second half

But you continue with the rampaging steward flinging punches at random innocent bystanders theory.

Th

He was up next to the toilets on the north terrace second half.

Police dealt with the steward who assaulted the fan I would assume he'll get the jail and lose his job we know his name he will get his justice airdrie fans only attacked the stewards because he attacked a fan first

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

This is blatantly untrue.

No one in the away stand was innocent, should never have happened but to take sides is mental. As for Scottie Walker, he's tragic. Would reckon Bollan will be sacked before Christmas but that begs the question- who do we bring in? Also, congratulations to Ayr, thoroughly professional and deserved the win.

N

Not as much as you!!!

You're proper getting wet over it all.

Give up fella, you're failing.

I've simply questioned the Ayr fans take on events. Right to do so judging by the comments from the Airdrie fans.

You've failed in your last two posts 'cause you're an absolute mess. Come back tomorrow, it'll be alright then.

Archived