Ayr v Airdrie

shug

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 1979/80.

Ian McCall intimated he was none too impressed with our forward players after the game on Saturday but I can't help think part of the problem is the way he is roating them, almost constantly. On Saturday, after dispensing with the Caldwell-Preston partnership, it looked to me as if he quickly switched from a 433, with Forrest and Trouten supporting Preston, to a 4231 - matching up with Albion. This pushed Trouten even further wide right (with Forrest playing int he middle and Crawford on the left) and gave him increased defensive responsibilities he doesn't want. For me it is imperative that Trouten is given a more central role, in behind Preston and/or Caldwell, if we are going to get the best out of him.

The forward players could do more but McCall could also have done more by balancing the squad better. We have loads of decent central players which has meant wasting some by playing out wide or sitting on the bench. Unfortunately Donald has been too inconsistent to command a place, Gilmour has done ok out wide and Devlin has been our other only real wide attacking force. Trouten should also be one of our key players this season but hasn't really been played centrally enough to start controlling games. Whilst the results have been good a few different options elsewhere would have made things easier imo.

I think McCall made an error dropping one of the front 2, on Saturday Preston would run wide only to have Trouten and Forrest beside him rather than in the middle, we play a lot better with a front 2.

I don't see there being much in the game other than the standard red card

It will either be a tight 1-0 win for Airdrie or a 3-0 win for us me thinks. So is it confirmed Adams is suspended? If so Crawford and Doc in the middle, Trouten on the right, Donald on the left and have Forrest up top with Preston.

Does it not take 14 days for a ban to kick in for an accumulation of cards? (bizarre rule IMO)

He should be banned for Cowdenbeath by my reckoning.

Imagine reporting a club hahaha, if there was an Ayr fan that petty I'd hope our fans would hound them out the club. You wonder why some folk take football so personally.

If Ayr United had to re brand the badge, I wouldn't see it as a massive problem. It wouldn't necessarily piss me off, I'm sure the powers that be at Ayr could come up with something similar.

I'm sure Ayr had to change the badge before to make it "legal" in the 80's I think the badge being rounded at the bottom means it isn't classed as a shield in the pedantic world of heraldry.

Maybe someone could get celebrity fan Nicola Sturgeon to go and toe LL's balls

I'm sure Ayr had to change the badge before to make it "legal" in the 80's I think the badge being rounded at the bottom means it isn't classed as a shield in the pedantic world of heraldry.

No, I dont think the shape matters, according to these c***s a shield can be any enclosed shape.

Archived