Ayr v Airdrie

shug

You're not very bright are you? I accepted (and specifically said) I didn't/couldn't see the whole incident, so I commented on what I saw and have explained that. If the fans did as you say that is obviously equally unacceptable. You seem incapable of having a normal conversation though without resorting to the kind of post above, so I'll leave it. From watching the highlights Scott Smith ducks out of blocking the cross for the first goal, and then doesn't stop the shot for the goal. As far as I can tell his job in the team is to sit in midfield and protect the back 4, yet didn't do this for both those goals. If he's not doing that then what is he there for?

What you keep saying is that it was all over when the steward ran over and punched the fan unprovoked, which wasn't the case, it was still very much an active situation, I am not sure how this makes me not very bright

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some masochistic reason I was watching the game when the pushing and shoving started, so I've no idea what was going at first. However, clear as day, one of the stewards punched one of the Airdrie fans, which is no way to deal with a situation. Whatever was going on before that, he should be getting his jotters for that.

Still, at least that provided some distraction from the game, in which we were truly dire. I wasn't optimistic about getting a result, but we were just so poor. Never looked much like scoring, and when they got their first it had been coming for a while.

Parry might have done better for the second goal, but had some very good saves today. That goal kick, though...

Our midfield is far, far too lightweight, far too easily overrun. Watt is a better player than he has appeared the last few weeks. He's on a run of very poor form, and probably needs dropped from the first team for a spell until he gets whatever is going wrong put right. It would be wrong to make him a scapegoat (or "spacegoat". Is that still a thing?), though - the team as a whole were poor again. We struggled to maintain possession or put together any passing moves, aside from a brief period at the start of the second half.

O'Neill was stupid to get himself sent off. Terrible tackle, and no need for it.

Smith was so anonymous that it took me a while to realise that he'd been hooked at half time. My dad wondered if it had been him that went off for Morgan, and I honestly couldn't have told you Smith had been playing in the first half.

So... bright spots?
- It didn't rain.

- Cadden had his moments.
- It didn't snow.
- We're not Cowdenbeath fans.

- Err... that's about it.

We've been very poor for the last two (and a half) games. Now, those have clearly been against the two best teams in the division, and I don't think many people had us down to challenge for the title this season. I still think that, if things carry on as they are (and leaving aside the possibility of some team getting a wunderkind striker on loan from Celtic or something and storming the league), we will finish in the top four, and lose in the playoffs. At that point Bollan will move on. But whether he goes then or sooner than that, we'll need someone better than him as manager next year. Who?

Great to see Donald get 90 minutes and back to something like his best. Also who knew he had a right foot!

Didnt see how the scuffle started really but was alot of pushing and shoving, looked like one steward was hunched over and taking rapids to his stomach then a steward came from 30 yards away and smashed one of the Airdrie fans in the puss. I thought at the time the first steward shouldnt be throwing punches but he was taking quite a few and was obvious the fans werent going to stop so he couldnt just stand and take them. Will probably get the sack though

Perhaps the bouncer was a bit heavy handed, I suggest he is given extra training to allow him to respond in the correct manner next time. If I was in his shoes i would have got the lad in a textbook headlock and administered a light noogie until the 5-0s got there

Perhaps the bouncer was a bit heavy handed, I suggest he is given extra training to allow him to respond in the correct manner next time. If I was in his shoes i would have got the lad in a textbook headlock and administered a light noogie until the 5-0s got there

Needs to do more squats IMO.

Crosstraining required too.

Lol I thought I was having a boring night until I realised someone is re-reading my old posts. If you've read them properly you'll realise I don't take p&b overly seriously

Aye mate, spent all night trolling through your posts.....

...or I've a memory.

ETA: You'll obviously have a boring night. You're a grown up wrestling fan, ergo, a virgin. Have an angry w**k and get back to me.

Aye mate, spent all night trolling through your posts.....

...or I've a memory.

ETA: You'll obviously have a boring night. You're a grown up wrestling fan, ergo, a virgin. Have an angry w**k and get back to me.

^ ^ ^

Having a Pesadilla

Wow. The highlights are men against boys. Total training match for United.

No wonder the Airdrie fans are concentrating so much on the stewards, there's not a lot to say about their utter ineptitude on the park.

Not going to stick the boot in, that was us, but 100% worse for us last year under Roberts. Never liked Bollan, p***k of a man, so hope he gets the sack. Seen Airdrie fans saying "who will replace him?" Surely there must be someone about? I know half the problem is the board maybe not backing him as much as you'd like, but you could see in the players performance in the highlights (or lack of it) they're no really giving a f**k.

Not going to stick the boot in, that was us, but 100% worse for us last year under Roberts. Never liked Bollan, p***k of a man, so hope he gets the sack. Seen Airdrie fans saying "who will replace him?" Surely there must be someone about? I know half the problem is the board maybe not backing him as much as you'd like, but you could see in the players performance in the highlights (or lack of it) they're no really giving a f**k.

Totally agree with the 'that was us' not so long ago. Still finding it difficult, as are a lot of the support, to be convinced that this run will see us continue to the title, or promotion.

Think we have all had our fingers burned before so many times.

Hardly any atmosphere at Somerset again. Top of the league, unbeaten in 14 games. Hopefully next week with a decent away support will see a more vocal Somerset road end.

Archived