Ayr v Airdrie

shug

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, believe me.... I gave it my best shot. You will get nowhere with the Lord Lyon's Procurator Fiscal.

Political route is the way to go though you may as well try the First Minister!

I contacted the First Minister last night regarding the matter and the cowardly Lyon also.

Reaction from the Airdrie fans about this badge issue has been mixed so far. Some comments about karma but also a fair bit of disappointment that one of our own instigated this.

The lengths our fans went to to highlight this issue to fellow supporters (because it is an issue affecting many clubs) largely fell on deaf ears. It would have been good if the wider football community had come together and fought to change this absurd law. Instead a tit for tat mentality prevails.

On to the match. Airdrie have maintained a lofty league position despite playing some dire football and I'm concerned Ayr could scalp us this weekend. We didn't raise our game against Dunfermline and unless a much more positive line up takes the field on Saturday, I can't see us taking anything from this one I'm afraid.

The lengths our fans went to to highlight this issue to fellow supporters (because it is an issue affecting many clubs) largely fell on deaf ears. It would have been good if the wider football community had come together and fought to change this absurd law. Instead a tit for tat mentality prevails.

This.

I think the fact that an Ayr fan started a smug thread at the time we were struggling probably didn't help much. Would sign any petition that Ayr fans managed to get up and running, and would support them in whatever they do.

As for the game, I expect a gubbing, sadly.

This.

I think the fact that an Ayr fan started a smug thread at the time we were struggling probably didn't help much. Would sign any petition that Ayr fans managed to get up and running, and would support them in whatever they do.

As for the game, I expect a gubbing, sadly.

The thread was taken wrongly, it was meant in the normal P&B spirit where people make crap ms paint logo's etc but everyone got very offended. And im surprised nobody on here has aimed for similar so far.

I signed the petition you guys had etc and ours is http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/364/777/137/save-ayr-united-fc-badge/?taf_id=18130967&cid=fb_na

The thread was taken wrongly, it was meant in the normal P&B spirit where people make crap ms paint logo's etc but everyone got very offended. And im surprised nobody on here has aimed for similar so far.

I signed the petition you guys had etc and ours is http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/364/777/137/save-ayr-united-fc-badge/?taf_id=18130967&cid=fb_na

signed

There were some Airdrie fans on an Ayr Facebook page I saw having a right good gloat about it all - pretty sad.

Anyway game wise - Airdrie fans don't seem confident, but it's a game im worried about. Results for us recently have been good but the performances have slipped a bit - we've been grinding results out more than anything - I'd be delighted if we could get a win here

I'm expecting nothing from this game. We're lightweight in midfield, not scoring many going forward and if Van Zanten is playing at left back we'll struggle there as well. Not ideal playing away against a team in good form. Despite some promising stuff (mostly from Cadden), we're not looking like a strong side at the moment, despite our league position. I'd be happy with a point, but I'm not optimistic about getting one.

Signed

signed

Signed. Good luck , and hope this Lyon chappie disappears up his own erse..

I don't know Scott Walker, don't recognise him from the games but well played my son :thumsup2

As for the Ayr fans posting "pretty stupid posting it under his real name and photo" why? Are you planning on repurcussions? or just another in a long line of internet blowhards? I suspect its the latter.....

Hi Scott hi pal

Archived