Ayr v Airdrie

shug

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time we went more than 13 unbeaten? I'm sure I remember a 13-game run under Dalziel, but can't bring a longer one to mind.

Season 1979/80.

Ian McCall intimated he was none too impressed with our forward players after the game on Saturday but I can't help think part of the problem is the way he is roating them, almost constantly. On Saturday, after dispensing with the Caldwell-Preston partnership, it looked to me as if he quickly switched from a 433, with Forrest and Trouten supporting Preston, to a 4231 - matching up with Albion. This pushed Trouten even further wide right (with Forrest playing int he middle and Crawford on the left) and gave him increased defensive responsibilities he doesn't want. For me it is imperative that Trouten is given a more central role, in behind Preston and/or Caldwell, if we are going to get the best out of him.

it looked to me as if he quickly switched from a 433, with Forrest and Trouten supporting Preston, to a 4231 - matching up with Albion.

I thought we started 442 ( Trouten on the Right ) (( Crawford on the Left ))

Our Problem ( and its a good problem to have ) is finding a starting XI that includes Adams, Docherty and Crawford.

A reversion to 4231 which includes Moore ( fit soon I believe ) will improve our balance.

Good bench BTW.

Hope McCall's message gets to the front players. We need to be scoring more than we are.

4-1 Ayr Moore, Gilmour, McKenzie & Nisbet.

Rapid Benano scoring a consolation for Airdrie.

Archived