Scores updates from today

fan of the juniors

I thought that both sending off's were justified, the second should have been a straight red, your centre back made no attempt to play the ball. Kilsyth should have been out of sight after dominating the first half, but for some reason they have a habit of sitting back on a lead.

I have to say was impressed by the way your team didn't give up, does your manager always get so worked up on the sideline. Was the centre mid that got sent off the guy that's on loan from Fauldhouse, I wasn't that impressed with him, he spent more time trying to shield the ball than create anything.

On your second half performance I don't see you having any problems getting promoted from your league. The playing surface at Kilsyth is first class, it's a great place to watch a game of football, I always enjoy my afternoons there

Took in this game this afternoon too. Was very entertaining from a neutrals viewpoint. Kilsyth looked every bit the part in first 20 mins or so causing Lanark lots of problems. Thought after that that Lanark got a footing in the game but the 3rd goal, via a wicked deflection, would kill the game off as a spectacle.....not the case!

Lanark played really well second half, and for me easily the better team, showing not such a big gap despite difference in league positions and scoring 2 good goals.

In my opinion, the referee got a few key decisions wrong. It should have been a penalty to Lanark when the striker was pulled back in the box and this should have meant a second yellow for defender. As everyone mentioned, the second red card was a no brainer but the first one? Why did you think it was justified? I couldn't see any infringement?

All in all, a good cup tie between 2 teams who will push for promotion in respective divisions.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took in this game this afternoon too. Was very entertaining from a neutrals viewpoint. Kilsyth looked every bit the part in first 20 mins or so causing Lanark lots of problems. Thought after that that Lanark got a footing in the game but the 3rd goal, via a wicked deflection, would kill the game off as a spectacle.....not the case!

Lanark played really well second half, and for me easily the better team, showing not such a big gap despite difference in league positions and scoring 2 good goals.

In my opinion, the referee got a few key decisions wrong. It should have been a penalty to Lanark when the striker was pulled back in the box and this should have meant a second yellow for defender. As everyone mentioned, the second red card was a no brainer but the first one? Why did you think it was justified? I couldn't see any infringement?

All in all, a good cup tie between 2 teams who will push for promotion in respective divisions.

Should also have said, Nicky Prentice was outstanding. I've read good things about him this year and he showed that today. Paul Stewart also showed his class and experience up front.

I thought that both sending off's were justified, the second should have been a straight red, your centre back made no attempt to play the ball. Kilsyth should have been out of sight after dominating the first half, but for some reason they have a habit of sitting back on a lead.

I have to say was impressed by the way your team didn't give up, does your manager always get so worked up on the sideline. Was the centre mid that got sent off the guy that's on loan from Fauldhouse, I wasn't that impressed with him, he spent more time trying to shield the ball than create anything.

On your second half performance I don't see you having any problems getting promoted from your league. The playing surface at Kilsyth is first class, it's a great place to watch a game of football, I always enjoy my afternoons there

For the record, our best player and captain Alan McCrum was unavailable today which makes our overall performance more creditable.

The first sending off was an absolute joke. I thought we'd been given the foul when the ref blew but, to give our guy a yellow, which then got him sent off was farcical. He is not Jordan who is on loan from Fauldhouse. He was taken off at half time and had been our best player in the first half - bearded lad, up front.

2nd sending off was justified. Two yellows. A straight red?! The ref didn't even give a foul but booked him afterwards. It was a foul. It was a booking but it never in a month of Sunday's warranted a straight red

The Lanark no 11 went for dissent. The ref got the original foul wrong but the 11 yapped at him and got sent off and to be fair he could have gone off in the 1st half for telling tge ref to "f*** off".

If the penalty call was for a pull back on the forward why did the lanark player fall forward and not backwards? The no 5s 1st booking was the wrong man that got booked, should have been the no4 who was on a booking already and should have walked. The ref made several poor calls today. Lanark's 1st goal looked offside to me. Everyone sees the game and the big calls differently.

The Lanark no 11 went for dissent. The ref got the original foul wrong but the 11 yapped at him and got sent off and to be fair he could have gone off in the 1st half for telling tge ref to "f*** off".

If the penalty call was for a pull back on the forward why did the lanark player fall forward and not backwards? The no 5s 1st booking was the wrong man that got booked, should have been the no4 who was on a booking already and should have walked. The ref made several poor calls today. Lanark's 1st goal looked offside to me. Everyone sees the game and the big calls differently.

Fair enough if he went for dissent, changes opinion on that one if that's the case.

As for the pen, come on big man, surely you've played....running full pelt and pulled back isn't gonna change direction of your movements, you're just gonna fall to your knees, as is what happened.

Mentioned already but the grub is up there with the best I've tasted this season and my nephew was impressed with the European style, blue box nets!

Our Manager does not get worked up as much as his assistant but their two younger colleagues are a bit mellower, one being Brogan Jnr. Mr Brogan is great for our club and also gives us a laugh with his repartee

If the Lanark number 11 kept his mouth shut he would have stayed on the park, second red was an easy decision, can understand why Lanark supporters were upset with the refs performance, game should have been finished after the first 45, but credit to Lanark who kept going and caused some problems, as for the guys in the Lanark dug out? The guy with the tammy on is just an idiot who moans and stamps his feet like a kid at every decision, needs a chill pill that one

Decided to take in ford v Renfrew today at the last minute as glens game was off.

Decent game much closer than the 3-1 suggests.

Overall hurlford deserved to win but benefited from some big decisions from the ref who was as poor as I've seen all season for both sides.

Renfrew tended to sit very deep for the majority of the game but when they pressed the game they had their best spells.

Decent game and ford park looking much better, credit where credits due.

Was looking at the area created for killiepiyo, cold and empty.

Like a castle without a princess!

Overall decent game and credit to both teams for what they produced in the conditions.

You went where? hope you waited until H/T giving the Tarmac eleven £6 OH DEAR.

Ardrossan 2 Cumbernauld 5

Another outstanding performance from the 'Nauld' totally dominated the game from the start, being 3 up after 15 minutes with young Kiernan Brown scoring 2 wonder free kicks.Cumbernauld have now played 6 away games in the last 8 weeks winning them all and scoring 31 goals in the process.Off to Linlithgow next week in the Scottish, looking forward to the game and hopefully the boys can put on a good show.

Decided to take in ford v Renfrew today at the last minute as glens game was off.

Decent game much closer than the 3-1 suggests.

Overall hurlford deserved to win but benefited from some big decisions from the ref who was as poor as I've seen all season for both sides.

Renfrew tended to sit very deep for the majority of the game but when they pressed the game they had their best spells.

Decent game and ford park looking much better, credit where credits due.

Was looking at the area created for killiepiyo, cold and empty.

Like a castle without a princess!

Overall decent game and credit to both teams for what they produced in the conditions.

Fair assessment of the game. Credit the grounds man for the game being on because I thought there was no chance. We missed Kinney today and as you rightly said the ref had a mare, but some Frew fans were talking before the game about how many goals we could limit them to, so to run them so close despite having a couple of big decisions go against us, shows we are heading in the right direction. We stepped up when we went down to 10 men, and the 3rd goal with the last touch of the game was a bit hard to take. Very proud of my team today

Fair assessment of the game. Credit the grounds man for the game being on because I thought there was no chance. We missed Kinney today and as you rightly said the ref had a mare, but some Frew fans were talking before the game about how many goals we could limit them to, so to run them so close despite having a couple of big decisions go against us, shows we are heading in the right direction. We stepped up when we went down to 10 men, and the 3rd goal with the last touch of the game was a bit hard to take. Very proud of my team today[/quote

You should be mate. Spoke to a few Renfrew guys today who were nice fellas.

Your team did well and performances like that can only get you up the table.

All the best for the season.

Cheers

Archived