Guns N Roses

SpiderDee

Just bought 2 there. £95 each. Steep but they're my favourite band and a band I never thought I'd ever get the chance to see play live so I can't really complain. I just hope they've not tried to kill each other before June!

They've added a Saturday date as well. I realise it makes sense from the band's perspective for the logistics of it, but it's annoying that it's just another gig in the same venue. Not even asking for the convenience of Hampden or Murrayfield, even a Manchester date would be preferable to going to fucking London.

• 2 months later...

Went to see them in Sydney over the weekend. 40 degrees in the shade for most of the evening but it was fucking ace. Got a bit of a bargain with the tickets. $180 for diamond standing area ( right behind VIP section)

• 3 weeks later...

Still in 2 minds about going to see them.

Whilst I suppose it's a bit of a novelty what with Slash & Duff back in, the setlist (bar about 3 or 4 songs) really hasn't changed from when I saw them in the Finck era in the mid 2000s. If they put out or at least played more new material then I'd be there for sure. It'll be interesting to see how potential new music will sound. There's still apparently multiple albums worth of unreleased stuff from the mid-late 90s and Chi Dem era so it might be the case that Slash & Duff add parts to that (like how BBF added parts to Chinese before it was released) aswell as writing brand new stuff.

They're one of my favourite bands of all time but I really don't want them to turn into a total nostalgia act.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been to London Stadium before? The hotels nearby are either full or extortionate. So deciding to stay at our usual Travel Lodge at Drury Lane.

The website says the trains are frequent but there's a 15 minute walk to Stratham (?) station. I'm sure it's from Holburn we'd travel. I'm assuming the underground stays open way past the finishing time?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm at the Saturday show. I'm just happy they haven't fallen out yet! I imagine the security is going to be extremely tight so I'll be leaving a wee bit earlier. Anyone any idea what time they'll take the stage? Not one for warm up acts.

Really thought I'd have gone to at least one of the shows on this tour.

For some reason not bothered with it.

They sound good and all but there's only a handful of songs difference from when I saw Guns (or Axl N' Pals if folk want to argue) in 2006 and quite honestly Axl was in way better shape & with more to prove back then. Saw him with AC/DC last year and he was incredible but there's only so many times you can hear a half arsed version of Sweet Child.

Really hope that new music does eventually come from this lineup. Whether it's stuff from the Chinese era that Slash & Duff reshape (quite frankly I'd rather hear more from the Finck/Bucket era) or totally new stuff then it would at least give them something fresh to play.

Yeah I'm at the Saturday show. I'm just happy they haven't fallen out yet! I imagine the security is going to be extremely tight so I'll be leaving a wee bit earlier. Anyone any idea what time they'll take the stage? Not one for warm up acts.

I'm thinking they'll be on about 8pm. Gates open at 3pm

• 2 weeks later...