Games On/Off

So there's rain in Dumfries and the other parts of Scotland then?! Will uppers still get slagged for calling games off?! Don't be cruel be honest.

Weather patterns have changed dramatically over the years .Longer heavy downpours have left there mark on obviously compacted ground .Clubs with limited funding can't afford to bore out the compacted soil preseason and proper drainage is way beyond their means .Council owned pitches are way down the list of priorities.

The new astros are finding out that cheapest (in terms of building/laying contracts ) are not always best .However the council are miles behind with these .

Yes I totally agree, it's a common problem. I'm just making a point as uppers have been unfairly criticised about for games being called off. Look at Lockerbie! Even they had there games called off due to severe rain on a 3G park.

Yes I totally agree, it's a common problem. I'm just making a point as uppers have been unfairly criticised about for games being called off. Look at Lockerbie! Even they had there games called off due to severe rain on a 3G park.

Eccles, no team should be criticised about games being called of due to weather. This is totally beyond anyones control. As you stated, even 3g pitches have in the past been effected due to heavy prolonged rain. Think the leagues need to look at the possibility of allowing teams to switch to 3g pitches if their pitch is unplayable and the 3gs are available. even playing on a Friday night or Saturday mornings if pitches were available would surely be a better option than the usual post Christmas backlogs.

1 Red on Shaun the lino's say so again!.One for two yellows and two for god knows what after the game.Ref a bit sensitive! End to end game in pouring rain.Far more savy and fight in YM and last second winner was a great strike.

Pity about the ref I think he spoiled a great contest at the end.

Archived