Cowdenbeath v Brechin City

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sneddon was mom for me with those two fantastic saves at a critical point in the match.

For a moment in the second half worried we might cave but fair play to everyone that we kept another clean sheet and a deserved 3 points.

3 and 7 could easily have walked on another day.

I didn't really see anything for the penalty. What was the story.

Handball.

Until it went 2-0 there wasn't much in the game. Shows the importance of a 2nd goal.

Brechin aren't that bad for bottom of the league.

Murdoch and the goalie were out man of the match shouts.

Why does smith get subbed every week? Hes the focal point of our attacks.

Very pleasing to see Callaghan, Miller, Johnstone combine for 3rd. 3 players who came from the youths. Add in Brett, Adamson and hopefully soon Milne and this is what we are all about. And of course snedon in goals!

Well done Jamie with the two saves at one nil as we go on and win comfortably in the end. Would make Sneddon MOTM as others have on here. We played some nice stuff at the first part and latter stages of the game, but Sat back inviting pressure at times. Thought Murdoch was class in the last half hour as Brechin chased the game. He had time and space to hurt the away side, and we looked like scoring at will. Still worry at the back at times, and we are getting away with defensive failings at times, but consistency in team selection is helping.

Until it went 2-0 there wasn't much in the game. Shows the importance of a 2nd goal.

Brechin aren't that bad for bottom of the league.

Murdoch and the goalie were out man of the match shouts.

Why does smith get subbed every week? Hes the focal point of our attacks.

Very pleasing to see Callaghan, Miller, Johnstone combine for 3rd. 3 players who came from the youths. Add in Brett, Adamson and hopefully soon Milne and this is what we are all about. And of course snedon in goals!

At end of game going up the tunnel, smith could hardly walk. That early kick looked it had taken effect.

Special praise for Kyle miller

Doesn't get the same time from fans as the likes of Deano, Kenny and other favourites

He's stuck by the club and playing the best I've seen from him in along time.

I agree. Would be magnificent for the club to see Milne and Miller boss the midfield along with Callaghan when Murdoch goes back to rangers.

Special praise for Kyle miller

Doesn't get the same time from fans as the likes of Deano, Kenny and other favourites

He's stuck by the club and playing the best I've seen from him in along time.

Thought today was the worst game he's had since he came back in for Hughes. Not that he was bad but a few wayward passes today instead of the standout he's been in the last 3 or 4 games.

After what looked like a step forward in the last couple of games, this was like 5 steps back. A fairly even first half where only a penalty (justified) was the difference between 2 poor teams. We had a good 15 minute spell in the second half where poor finishing, but more significantly, good defending and goalkeeping prevented us from equalising. Really bad defending from us at a corner gave Cowden a second goal and then the game was over. We ended up lucky to lose only 3-0.

Our defenders didn't defend. Our midfield lost the ball too often and our strikers were always outnumbered and never got a clear chance. Having said that, despite losing 3 goals, Buzz never had a save to make.

Looking more and more like League 2 for us next season! Good numbers in the Brechin support today but I wonder how much longer this will last.

Thought today was the worst game he's had since he came back in for Hughes. Not that he was bad but a few wayward passes today instead of the standout he's been in the last 3 or 4 games.

Thats Kyle though...never know what to expect. MOTM recently v Stenny, but passing was all over the place today..Would be good to have Milne back as well beside him. As Al said, that's what Cowden are all about, but no way would I want to lose Murdoch as he is class.

Didn't feel there was all that much between the two teams tbh. Our second goal was against the run of play and our keeper pulled off a few superb saves at a crucial point in the game.

That said we are working much harder as a team and the desire to win has been much more evident in recent weeks. When we played a fast passing game we were able to tear apart the Brechin defence. Spence was very isolated for long spells but kept working hard. A great result and we are looking much more resilient now.

Sneddon has real ability as a keeper even at a young age. Kicking is something he can work on but his second save from a Brechin header was pure class and showed amazing reflexes. One of the best I have seen in a live match.

Archived