Heart of Midlothian v Dundee

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward the best away trip in Scotland here. The game itself? Not so much.

Read in the paper that Juanma is suspended for this one. Big boost for us as he ran us ragged at Dens. Even still, I would be well pleased with a point from this one. Hopefully Calder starts and Julen is fit again as I just dont trust Gadzhalov.

Juanma hasn't been playing as well as he did that day, tbh.

I thought we were improved against Thistle (in the way we didn't let the game pass us by near as much as we have done in other games). Julen in for Gadzhalov would be a big boost as we need to stop leaking goals.

I'd try to keep things consistent-ish and keep fighting away. McGowan and Low will get better with more game time and both are fighters. I understand the arguments for Calder but I get the feeling that he struggles with his defensive work a bit and doesn't communicate that well (against Hamilton, the other players were getting very angry at him during some points) and maybe that's why he isn't used from the start. Stewart's free role can be pretty effective and although he had a poor/unlucky game last week (by his standards), he's always going to provide some sort of threat that Hearts will have to deal with so we've just got to get him going forward and playing positively.

Thomson or McPake returning in this fixture would probably backfire since they are bearers of the Hibs curse.

Lots of Dee fans pissed off to have missed out on tickets. Anyone who knows of a couple spares give me a shout.

Do you think we would have sold another 700?

I think we could have this time around but future visits we'll be back to normal I'd reckon.

Oshaniwa could miss out due to injury.

He might miss out anyway given McGhee's form. I had a feeling Oshaniwa might end up being a disappointment but I've been surprised by just how meh he's been so far. Going by reports I thought we were getting a guy who's dodgy defensively but good going forward. From what I've seen he's generally been fine defensively aside from (by all accounts) the Hamilton away game (which is the only game we've conceded more than one goal while he's been on the pitch). On the other hand he hasn't really contributed much in attack aside from crossing the ball as though he's got his boots on the wrong feet. The only thing of note he's done that I can think of, either positively or negatively, is punch that boy in the face up at Inverness. :lol:

Still plenty of time left in the season for inexplicable attempts at dribbling out of trouble inside his own box and last minute thirty-yard wonderstrikes though obviously.jj.png

He might miss out anyway given McGhee's form. I had a feeling Oshaniwa might end up being a disappointment but I've been surprised by just how meh he's been so far. Going by reports I thought we were getting a guy who's dodgy defensively but good going forward. From what I've seen he's generally been fine defensively aside from (by all accounts) the Hamilton away game (which is the only game we've conceded more than one goal while he's been on the pitch). On the other hand he hasn't really contributed much in attack aside from crossing the ball as though he's got his boots on the wrong feet. The only thing of note he's done that I can think of, either positively or negatively, is punch that boy in the face up at Inverness. :lol:

Still plenty of time left in the season for inexplicable attempts at dribbling out of trouble inside his own box and last minute thirty-yard wonderstrikes though obviously.jj.png

Aye, McGhee's been playing well, and it would be harsh on him if he was dropped.

I thought Oshaniwa was great in the midweek win against Motherwell, but he's been kind of underwhelming apart from that - I think we were entitled to expect more from a guy who has played for Nigeria in the World Cup finals - early days, though, and better to come from him, hopefully.

Archived