Top 10 Amateur sides in Scotland ?

allabootgoals

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gman, Settle down. as you said it's all about opinions buddy. Because you aren't In my top ten doesn't mean i think you're an average side, lighten up pal.

Coalville

Hurlford

Dounne

Broomhouse

Bannockburn

Greenock

Oban

Drum United

Craigshill

Harestanes

In no particular order.

Gman, Settle down. as you said it's all about opinions buddy. Because you aren't In my top ten doesn't mean i think you're an average side, lighten up pal.

Coalville

Hurlford

Dounne

Broomhouse

Bannockburn

Greenock

Oban

Drum United

Craigshill

Harestanes

In no particular order.

Decent list mate. Wouldn't have Oban though as they have fallen a lot in last two years.

It looks to me like allabootgoals has just looked at a few teams from each top division and put them in a top ten order. Its a very difficult thing to agree on and it is all matter of opinion. I would say right now Colville Park, Doune Castle & Craigshill to me seem like just a wee bit of a level above everyone else going by form and results. Most other big teams have had slip ups and lost a few games.

Going through your other teams mentioned.

Harestanes have lost two league games to Colville & Blantyre Celtic and have been taken to a replay at home in the Scottish by Woodside. They also haven't been convincing in other league game wins so far going by reports.

Drumchapel Utd I hear have strengthened in the last few weeks and really pushed Craigshill in the Scottish but Craigshill just had too much for them in the end.

Hurlford were knocked out by EKFC from the SAFL. A decent young side but certainly nothing special and shows Hurlford are not the same side of previous years.

Bannockburn have lost 3 league games already to Campsie twice & Colville park and also convincingly beat 3-0 by EK Ams in the Scottish.

Drumchapel Ams are 8th in their league playing more games than anyone above them so I don't see why you think they are top ten in the Am game.

Giffnock may deserve a place in the top ten for there consistency throughout the years but again there very beatable on any given day.

St Joes again are a decent side but really have yet to beat any big boys in my opinion. There are clearly the best team in the safl but that isn't saying much at this moment in time. Pretty sure Thorn only lost the league to them last year by goal difference and have strengthened this season since joining the caley.

I have my top 3 Colville, Craigshill & Doune. I could probably name about another 20-25 teams who could all be in about the closing stages of the majors quite easily.

Great post and sums it up in a nutshell.

Outwith the top 3-4 teams who are a little bit better than the rest, there's about another 15-20 teams who are all capable of beating anyone/each other on any given day.

Teams like Broomhouse and Thorn should be mentioned before a lot of the names flying about. Broomhouse went deep in both majors last season beating a few Central sides along the way and Thorn only lost the SAFL Prem to a very good St Joes team due to them being deducted 3 points and by all accounts Thorn have improved this season.

Hawd yer wheesht.

They don't count. It's a disgrace they were ever aloud to enter. They should have won it every year to be honest.

As a former Spider, we were entitled to play in the Scottish ,we were members of the Caledonian League, which I understood at the time, to be an amateur league.

Coalville

Hurlford

Dounne

Broomhouse

Bannockburn

Greenock

Oban

Drum United

Craigshill

Harestanes

In no particular order.

St Bernards will win the Saturday Scottish. Therefore making them number 1.

You on the glue mate? They will lose to Haldane Utd in the next round never mind win it.

Guess you play for them?

Na don't play for them, know a few of there players. Decent side.

Decent yes. Scottish winners and number 1 in country? Not a chance.

I played in their league last year. I now live in Glasgow and play in the central Scottish and they would get relegated from it.

Decent yes. Scottish winners and number 1 in country? Not a chance.

I played in their league last year. I now live in Glasgow and play in the central Scottish and they would get relegated from it.

Bit of a far fetched comment considering players move about. They have signed a couple players from juniors who are mates with the manager and in east select side. Wouldn't say their terrible.

Bit of a far fetched comment considering players move about. They have signed a couple players from juniors who are mates with the manager and in east select side. Wouldn't say their terrible.

I never said they are terrible. I said they are decent. It's more far fetched to suggest they would win the Scottish than it is to say they would get relegated from central premier.

Steins won the east of Scotland last year and they get pumped almost every week.

Coalville

Hurlford

Dounne

Broomhouse

Bannockburn

Greenock

Oban

Drum United

Craigshill

Harestanes

In no particular order.

Your opinion is yours but my opinion is if u think (and no disrespect to them ) Oban , doune , broom house and bannockburn are better than southside then MY opinion is that YOUR opinion is utter mince . Don't need to fall out over it . You have your views and I have mine . No big deal

Gman, I played with Lee years ago. Mad as a brush. Great gk, was at rangers before Airdrie. Do a great job for uz. You play my old Saturday team in few weeks - calderglen

Aye AV known lee for years n years he's a nutter . Will be a great signing

Gman no one allowed an opinion on here? Always in moaning at the ayrshire lads aswell get a grip did yous not get beat in league lastweek? I mean any decent mob would do the invincibles in that morning league, wind your neck in

Archived