Top 10 Amateur sides in Scotland ?

allabootgoals

What I find funny is we have grown men like yourself just trying to wind people up, if you want to have an grown up conversation about amatuer football or Colville then fine, but I won't stand back and allow people to discredit the club and more importantly the players, who have shown great commitment to the club and what we have achieved.

And if other clubs and their fans allow their club to be slandered on here then that their choice.

As I said earlier it's pre season clubs accross the country are preparing and signing new players for the season ahead, let's talk about the positives.

Our national team managed by Bruce are going through their most sucessful period in my time being involved in amateur football, and have qualified again for the next stage of euros, a fantastic achievement. Thomas Mckeown is doing a fantastic job as National Secretary promoting and supporting the armateur brand, It shows the standard of our game something we should be proud of not constantly slag.

We will enter the senior Scottish this season and I hope we progress as far as we can, not only for the club sake, but also hopefully so we can promote the standard of the amateur.

As I have said in an earlier post, all the best for the season ahead everyone, should be exciting season.

Great post Michael! ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Too many are negative rather than looking at the positives on here, if anyone reads the junior comments many are on there saying how well the amateur FA are running things in comparison to the Junior FA.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre season friendlies all booked in, playing 2 of Scotland top amateurs clubs. I believe Craigshill and Shortlees will challenge for the majors next season so really looking forward testing ourselves against them.

Looking forward to catching up with a few of the shottlees boys, few battles over the years in my playing days, good bunch of boys

Dates below if anyone interested games at Colville

Craigshill 23rd July

Shortlees 30th July

What I find funny is we have grown men like yourself just trying to wind people up, if you want to have an grown up conversation about amatuer football or Colville then fine, but I won't stand back and allow people to discredit the club and more importantly the players, who have shown great commitment to the club and what we have achieved.

And if other clubs and their fans allow their club to be slandered on here then that their choice.

As I said earlier it's pre season clubs accross the country are preparing and signing new players for the season ahead, let's talk about the positives.

Our national team managed by Bruce are going through their most sucessful period in my time being involved in amateur football, and have qualified again for the next stage of euros, a fantastic achievement. Thomas Mckeown is doing a fantastic job as National Secretary promoting and supporting the armateur brand, It shows the standard of our game something we should be proud of not constantly slag.

We will enter the senior Scottish this season and I hope we progress as far as we can, not only for the club sake, but also hopefully so we can promote the standard of the amateur.

As I have said in an earlier post, all the best for the season ahead everyone, should be exciting season.

So have colville always strictly stood by the amateur rules in that is having never ever paid a player a penny in wages?

If so your achievements are even more commendable than one could ever envisage.

Please tell the truth here .?

So have colville always strictly stood by the amateur rules in that is having never ever paid a player a penny in wages?

If so your achievements are even more commendable than one could ever envisage.

Please tell the truth here .?

Listen I have already on many occasions stated that we haven't paid player, each season we try and attract some of the top players in the country at our level and unfortunately don't get them all. You can speak to them I have never once offered or paid a player to come to covlille.

And during my playing days I was never paid to play at the club and no other player was either

Let's forget about guys being paid or not at the moment. I am all for a club trying to be as professional as possible but what I will never understand at amateur level is teams going and hunting down the best players from all over the country as if they are a premiership club in a transfer window.

For me I would rather play with my local side and try improve them as much as possible and play with my mates. If I wanted to test my self then I would step up to Junior or Lowland league rather than just join the galacticos of amateur football and pretend to be the Ronaldo, zidane and becks of the amateur game.

Let's forget about guys being paid or not at the moment. I am all for a club trying to be as professional as possible but what I will never understand at amateur level is teams going and hunting down the best players from all over the country as if they are a premiership club in a transfer window.

For me I would rather play with my local side and try improve them as much as possible and play with my mates. If I wanted to test my self then I would step up to Junior or Lowland league rather than just join the galacticos of amateur football and pretend to be the Ronaldo, zidane and becks of the amateur game.

Great post to be fair 100% agree with this. If you really want to test yourself go junior or lowlands instead. Colville do a great job signing the players that they do hats off to them for that, but a lot of they boys could play a high level at junior at the very least.

Archived