Top 10 Amateur sides in Scotland ?

allabootgoals

Who in your opinion makes a top 10 Amateur sides in the country. My knowledge outwith the West sides is limited but here's my OPINION.

1. COLVILLE PARK

2. HURLFORD THISTLE

3. HARESTANES

4. CRAIGSHILL

5. DOUNE CASTLE

6. DRUMCHAPEL UTD

7. DRUMCHAPEL AMS

8. BANNOCKBURN

9. ST JOSEPHS

10. GIFFNOCK NORTH

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There can only be one team that heads this list, and they haven't warranted a mention yet.....a team that has won the Scottish Amateur Cup on 11 occasions, and the West Cup on 6 occasions......................QUEENS PARK FC !!!

There can only be one team that heads this list, and they haven't warranted a mention yet.....a team that has won the Scottish Amateur Cup on 11 occasions, and the West Cup on 6 occasions......................QUEENS PARK FC !!!

Hawd yer wheesht.

They don't count. It's a disgrace they were ever aloud to enter. They should have won it every year to be honest.

It looks to me like allabootgoals has just looked at a few teams from each top division and put them in a top ten order. Its a very difficult thing to agree on and it is all matter of opinion. I would say right now Colville Park, Doune Castle & Craigshill to me seem like just a wee bit of a level above everyone else going by form and results. Most other big teams have had slip ups and lost a few games.

Going through your other teams mentioned.

Harestanes have lost two league games to Colville & Blantyre Celtic and have been taken to a replay at home in the Scottish by Woodside. They also haven't been convincing in other league game wins so far going by reports.

Drumchapel Utd I hear have strengthened in the last few weeks and really pushed Craigshill in the Scottish but Craigshill just had too much for them in the end.

Hurlford were knocked out by EKFC from the SAFL. A decent young side but certainly nothing special and shows Hurlford are not the same side of previous years.

Bannockburn have lost 3 league games already to Campsie twice & Colville park and also convincingly beat 3-0 by EK Ams in the Scottish.

Drumchapel Ams are 8th in their league playing more games than anyone above them so I don't see why you think they are top ten in the Am game.

Giffnock may deserve a place in the top ten for there consistency throughout the years but again there very beatable on any given day.

St Joes again are a decent side but really have yet to beat any big boys in my opinion. There are clearly the best team in the safl but that isn't saying much at this moment in time. Pretty sure Thorn only lost the league to them last year by goal difference and have strengthened this season since joining the caley.

I have my top 3 Colville, Craigshill & Doune. I could probably name about another 20-25 teams who could all be in about the closing stages of the majors quite easily.

It looks to me like allabootgoals has just looked at a few teams from each top division and put them in a top ten order. Its a very difficult thing to agree on and it is all matter of opinion. I would say right now Colville Park, Doune Castle & Craigshill to me seem like just a wee bit of a level above everyone else going by form and results. Most other big teams have had slip ups and lost a few games.

Going through your other teams mentioned.

Harestanes have lost two league games to Colville & Blantyre Celtic and have been taken to a replay at home in the Scottish by Woodside. They also haven't been convincing in other league game wins so far going by reports.

Drumchapel Utd I hear have strengthened in the last few weeks and really pushed Craigshill in the Scottish but Craigshill just had too much for them in the end.

Hurlford were knocked out by EKFC from the SAFL. A decent young side but certainly nothing special and shows Hurlford are not the same side of previous years.

Bannockburn have lost 3 league games already to Campsie twice & Colville park and also convincingly beat 3-0 by EK Ams in the Scottish.

Drumchapel Ams are 8th in their league playing more games than anyone above them so I don't see why you think they are top ten in the Am game.

Giffnock may deserve a place in the top ten for there consistency throughout the years but again there very beatable on any given day.

St Joes again are a decent side but really have yet to beat any big boys in my opinion. There are clearly the best team in the safl but that isn't saying much at this moment in time. Pretty sure Thorn only lost the league to them last year by goal difference and have strengthened this season since joining the caley.

I have my top 3 Colville, Craigshill & Doune. I could probably name about another 20-25 teams who could all be in about the closing stages of the majors quite easily.

Opinion was all I was looking for. I've seen all the above teams on my list in the last year. None of them are 'Unbeatable'.

There's plenty of top sides I've not mentioned, like Oban, EK from both SAFL and CSAFL, Greenock, Milton, Clark Drive, Southside and pretty much all other CSAFL Premier sides not already mentioned.

You run down a couple I mentioned such as Harestanes. I've seen them twice since August and although not the team of last year still a very solid outfit. Drumchapel Utd I watched against Craigshill in the 1st game and was suitably impressed. Drumchapel Ams Ive seen alot of, they had a terrible few weeks in August but still a team I very much like.

Didn't go as I expected this thread. I should have known better. Hoped others would post there own 10, so I could see some varying opinions on the matter. All I was looking for.

Good topic. Makes a change from the usual stuff that gets posted on here. As previously stated its all about opinions and everyone's will be different which is why we all love the game. But here is mines;

1. Colville Park (by a distance it seems this year)

2. Harestanes

3. Doune Castle

4. Craigshill Thistle

5. East Kilbride (Central)

6. Drumchapel Utd

7. St Joseph's

8. East Kilbride (SAFL)

9. Hurlford Th

10. Giffnock North

Hard one this as there is too many teams out there people haven't seen. If I was going to put a top 10 in here it would be purely on how the progressed at the business end of the last 5 years or whatever. So yes hurlfords..colvilles..hares etc would all be in there. But when teams like Giffnock and doune are mentioned I can't comment as haven't seen them. Craigshill having reached the final last year would deserve a place.

Top 10

1, Colville

2, Craigshill

3,Greenock

4,Drum utd

5,Dounne

6,Giffnock North

7,Hurlford thistle

8,St Joes

9, Thorn

10,Harvester (Sunday team)

Top 10 over recent years

1, Hurlford thistle

2,Colville park

3,bannockburn

4,Drum utd

5,Drum ams

5,giffnock north

Further back

6,old Eddlewood brill team

7,Newmilns

8,Dalziel hsfp

9,Tiber

10,Norton House

These last 5 teams top notch in there day & hopefully can reach they heights again soon,

This year the team that beats CP wins trophies if not they win the lot , don't think I've ever seen such a squad.

Archived