ALIEN: Paradise Lost (Prometheus 2)

Venti

Started filming.

http://www.scified.com/prometheusmovies/alien-paradise-lost-script-undergoing-revisions-2-months-before-filming-begins

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/11/11/ridley-scott-says-prometheus-sequels-will-reveal-who-created-aliens

Ridley Scott says it will show who created the xenomorphs.

I thought they already showed it at the end of Prometheus that the lassie created them when she let the big squid thing transform with the engineer?

God knows. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Despite all the plot holes and daft decisions that everyone's already pointed out, I really enjoyed Prometheus and thought it was the best Alien film since Aliens (not saying much, I know). It might all fall apart in the next one, but I'm quite looking forward to it regardless.

God knows. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Despite all the plot holes and daft decisions that everyone's already pointed out, I really enjoyed Prometheus and thought it was the best Alien film since Aliens (not saying much, I know). It might all fall apart in the next one, but I'm quite looking forward to it regardless.

Alien3 is a decent film. It's not as good as the first two but it's a decent film that got a shit load of bad press. It's miles better than Prometheus, even though I still enjoyed that.

Alien3 is a decent film. It's not as good as the first two but it's a decent film that got a shit load of bad press. It's miles better than Prometheus, even though I still enjoyed that.

Get the "Assembly Cut" which is usually available as a special feature on most of the DVD's. It's a much better film. Not quite the equal of Alien or Aliens, but it's still excellent.

Sadly 3 suffered from way to much interference from the Studios and Sigourney Weaver, combined with Finchers inexperience (he was really just a music video director at the time). Saying that I still enjoyed it.

Get the "Assembly Cut" which is usually available as a special feature on most of the DVD's. It's a much better film. Not quite the equal of Alien or Aliens, but it's still excellent.

Agreed, it's a beautifully brutal movie that finds an original angle on the franchise. In many ways I prefer it to Aliens.

Sadly 3 suffered from way to much interference from the Studios and Sigourney Weaver, combined with Finchers inexperience (he was really just a music video director at the time). Saying that I still enjoyed it.

The assembly cut is indeed excellent. But, even though you could see the interference it is still a good film.

The 'wooden planet' version sounded brilliant though!

I liked Alien3 too - coming out of the cinema, I was surprised by all the bile I overheard from the other folk, although I understand the complaints now. Considering what a clusterfuck that film was behind the scenes (well worth reading up on - thirty-odd different scripts and one version that was scrapped after they'd started filming), Fincher did an incredible job with what he'd been landed with.

Might need to watch the Assembly Cut again, as I don't remember the differences. Apparently the BluRay version has re-recorded dialogue, for those who're interested - an improvement over the poor audio from the old DVD version.

Still prefer Prometheus, though. I'm a bit surprised they're doing the sequel, considering that I don't think I've ever heard/read anyone say anything nice about it at all. Could end up being a huge financial flop.

I liked Alien3 too - coming out of the cinema, I was surprised by all the bile I overheard from the other folk, although I understand the complaints now. Considering what a clusterfuck that film was behind the scenes (well worth reading up on - thirty-odd different scripts and one version that was scrapped after they'd started filming), Fincher did an incredible job with what he'd been landed with.

Might need to watch the Assembly Cut again, as I don't remember the differences. Apparently the BluRay version has re-recorded dialogue, for those who're interested - an improvement over the poor audio from the old DVD version.

Still prefer Prometheus, though. I'm a bit surprised they're doing the sequel, considering that I don't think I've ever heard/read anyone say anything nice about it at all. Could end up being a huge financial flop.

Whatever it's attractions from a visual standpoint, Prometheus suffered from very, very poor plot and characterisation - it required it's characters to act like idiots, and against their own bes tinterests to move the plot along. Still it mad eenough money that folk would come back for a sequel, despite being critically panned.

Assembly version of Alien 3 is great, the whole first 15 minutes is rejigged, and the whole middle part of the movie, from the plot to trap the alien and Paul McGann's Golic character is redone.

This can f**k off. Neil Blonkamp's Alien picture has been pushed back to accommodate this shite.

The first one was the most disappointed I've been watching a film since Shutter Island.

Imo shutter island was great, I was slightly let down by Prometheus tho. I've got faith in blomkamp to give us a decent version

Whatever it's attractions from a visual standpoint, Prometheus suffered from very, very poor plot and characterisation - it required it's characters to act like idiots, and against their own bes tinterests to move the plot along. Still it mad eenough money that folk would come back for a sequel, despite being critically panned.

Assembly version of Alien 3 is great, the whole first 15 minutes is rejigged, and the whole middle part of the movie, from the plot to trap the alien and Paul McGann's Golic character is redone.

Agreed. It was a beautiful film but the characterisation was incredibly stupid. These were meant to be scientists on a mission costing trillions of dollars but the Prometheus seemed to have been crewed by several random shouty guys from down the pub.

Edit to say that Shutter Island was pap.

if ever there was a need for an example of when to leave the f**k alone, its everything to do with the alien franchise after aliens

to go from alien, and then aliens (both fantastic films but complete polar opposites of each other) to alien 3 (yeah it had potential, but when you read up what it went through, f**k me), then the utter bombscare that was resurrection, and im not even going to remotely consider the AvP films as anything in this argument, you'd think they would chuck it, but no

The main downfall of Prometheus was that it expected its audience to think deeply about what they were watching and add the pieces together and perhaps assumed wider knowledge of the wacky ideas of Erich von Denekin than is really out there. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to the sequel. Hope the director makes this one the masterpiece that the last one should have been but wasn't.

I thought they already showed it at the end of Prometheus that the lassie created them when she let the big squid thing transform with the engineer?

The engineers created the black goo as a way to reset what they had originally done on Earth at the beginning (i.e. the black goo would transform mankind into xenomorphs), but there was an accident in the black goo production facility that the scientists were exploring before they had time to actually do it. The old guy at the end that paid for everything thought the engineers would provide him with immortality, because they would be impressed that he had created intelligent life in the form of David in a similar manner to what the engineers had done on Earth with mankind, because that made them both like the Greek god Prometheus, but the big engineer dude clearly wasn't in agreement with this (not surprisingly given the whole black goo angle). At the end the surviving scientist decides to fly with David to the engineer's home planet to find out what the story is, setting the scene for part two.

Archived