Manchester Advice

Hank Scorpio

Six of us going to Manchester next weekend for three nights, staying in an apartment near Piccadilly station. Looking for advice on where to go at night. Someone at my work told me to go to Deansgate Lock but I looked it up and it looks a bit shite. Any decent clubs/bars which any of you have frequented?

What about specific night clubs? Something that'll play mainly house music. I had a quick google but the best it could throw up was Tiger Tiger, which is obviously a no.

Last time I went to a bar/club place called Mojo near the Deansgate. It's quite small but the music was superb and it was packed with talent. It's open until 4am as well at the weekend.

I agree with the Northern Quarter as well. It can be a bit hipster-ish but the bars are generally very decent.

Nothern Quarter and Sanky's

That would be my choice, though I'll be very impressed if Hank Scorpio manages to convince a group of six people to go.

I've a feeling he'll end up in the Printworks before heading to Tiger Tiger while cursing his mates for their lack of ambition.

I know that's what would happen if I went with more than a couple of others. :rolleyes:

That would be my choice, though I'll be very impressed if Hank Scorpio manages to convince a group of six people to go.

I've a feeling he'll end up in the Printworks before heading to Tiger Tiger while cursing his mates for their lack of ambition.

I know that's what would happen if I went with more than a couple of others. :rolleyes:

Nah all of us going are of a similar musical persuasion so it shouldn't take too much convincing to go to Franky Rizardo at Sankey's. City game in the evening then there at night seems to be the plan. Cheers guys.

Nah all of us going are of a similar musical persuasion so it shouldn't take too much convincing to go to Franky Rizardo at Sankey's. City game in the evening then there at night seems to be the plan. Cheers guys.

Fair play, hope you enjoy it. There were four of us there a few months ago and two of the group just wanted to eat in Nando's and drink in Wetherspoon's. :rolleyes:

Food wise, there's plenty of options. The area around Piccadilly Gardens has all the usual chain restaurants, like Pizza Express and Bella Italia. Chinatown is just around the corner, but to be honest I was a bit disappointed with the place I tried. One of the best meals I've ever had anywhere was in Sam's Chop House, which is not far from the Arndale Centre. It's an old Victorian pub serving traditional local dishes. I had Corned Beef Hash followed by Eccles cake. It may not sound glamourous but it was fucking superb.

Archived